What did you cook or eat today (May 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whole grain pasta and grated cheese for lunch, green onions. Two spoons of leftover delicious peanut b/soy sauce. Chilli flakes. Kid without chilli.
We loved the full flavour of the fussili.
A quick fix.

Snacks: Omelette in two colours filled with the lovely quinoa filling(for the challenge).

Coconut flour+egg fritters, drizzled with honey, grapefruit.

The actual baked onion with the same quinoa filling. However I think I may want to redo the 'boat' for the filling, although it smells and tastes great...the top gets a tad too dry.

Long John Silver's (Seafood Shoppe):
View attachment 62398

Arrr...matey, that be a fried piece o' fish, a fried piece o' land fish (chicken), fried hush puppies, and fried taters. 🏴‍☠️

Shiver me timbers (and me innards)!
I've got that planned for tonight's dinner...can't wait..it's may carb night!! Fried food and beer!!!

I've got that planned for tonight's dinner...can't wait..it's may carb night!! Fried food and beer!!!
I have that meal about once every six months. I have a pretty high tolerance for fried foods and grease, but I have to admit, I was already feeling a bit queasy before I finished it.

Trouper that I am, though...I did finish it. :laugh:

I have that meal about once every six months. I have a pretty high tolerance for fried foods and grease, but I have to admit, I was already feeling a bit queasy before I finished it.

Trouper that I am, though...I did finish it. :laugh:
One of my issues is that being from a small town, there is no place to get a good fish and chips on a consistent basis...so, like many things we eat, we make it ourselves..I might eat it more if it was available...maybe I'm lucky it's not..

It's ok to laugh - that story was more about my brother and his commitment to alcohol. :)
Of course, humor and laughter make it bearable. With you on that.😊
Yeah, but your brother's state did not seem as bad as hers...but we don't know.
How is MrsT? And how are you?

How is MrsT? And how are you?
Since you asked...we're sitting in the emergency room at the hospital. Since she fell several days ago, she's developed soreness along one side, along with waves of nausea.

She spoke to the on-call nurse at her doc's office, and the on-call nurse with our insurance, and because she's on blood thinners, it was, "Get thee to the emergency room!" - and the way emergency rooms work, we'll be here for the next several hours. As soon as they hear "I'm on blood thinners," it's always a direction to go straight to the emergency room. I don't know why she bothers calling any more. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom