What did you cook or eat today (May 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr SSOAP made us some cheer you up brunch. It was a nice surprise.
IMG_2877.jpeg

View attachment 113816
Stop me if I told y'all this one already ... there's a food cart (travel trailer type) that has a get this, wood fired pizza oven that just started up and is coming to our homes community center once a week and then to others in the area as well.
So very excited!
It's a 12 inch pie with your choice of toppings.
I couldn't decide, but I knew that one pie would be plenty for us two, along with a chopped salad.
So, it's was half cheese and the other half is prosciutto arugula and a fig drizzle, AHYUM!!!
I'd been wanting to try a pie with prosciutto and arugula. I wasn't sure about the drizz, as I'm not a huge fan of figs, but I mean, come on man!!!
You can't fake that char. Wood fired adds such a unique taste. That's awesome.

I made JAS_OH1’s Bacon-wrapped Hungarian-hot peppers stuffed with cream cheese and sausage.

I changed a little of this, a little of that, but not too much, just based on what I had on hand.

Quite good - MrsT especially enjoyed them.

No pics because I cut back on the bacon, out of respect for her WW points, so they didn’t have much structure and spread a little, which didn’t hurt the taste at all. Good recipe!

Working on my recipe, I fed DH but I'll be up for awhile longer tweaking it.

These are sushi rice arancini balls with cream cheese, salmon, avocado, and scallion with nori bits, black sesame seeds, and furikake. Yeah I know furikake already has the sesame seeds and seaweed but I like extra!

20240522_225731.jpg
20240522_225058.jpg

I tried some cucumber with the first batch but that was a stupid idea lol. Dipping sauces are wasabi with soy and sriracha mayo. It's pretty tasty but just tweaking on how to use less rice! And I figured out that I should line my palm with plastic before forming the rice balls, another duh moment...

Last edited:
Not feeling it today so have just thrown lamb, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, coconut milk and a huge dollop of red thai paste in the slow cooker. Hopefully the appliance will make up for my lack of enthusiasm 😆

Not at all impressed with the lamb, whoever butchered it needs to go back to school, both packs were covered with bits of bone shards, some of them quite embedded.
IMG_0640.jpeg

At €23 a kilo I expect better.
Had to spend yonks cleaning it and the water here's not cold so it's gone on a high heat (for a slow cook) to make sure any bacteria that started to party during the prolonged handling meets its doom before it hits my plate! 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom