What did you cook or eat today (May 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always just dampen my hands.
I tried that first, starting out with a small bowl of water next to my work area. Didn't help and actually made it worse. Have you ever made sushi arancini using sticky sushi rice? I never had any problems when making regular arancini balls using arborio rice, but these were made using sticky sushi rice. Using the plastic wrap did the trick. I placed a small square of plastic wrap in my palm and spread the rice out, and i was able to work quickly after that.

Lazy red thai curry.
So lazy that I had it with bread and butter cos I couldn't be bothered with making any rice 😆
I probably belong in a culinary hell hole for that but pah, I don't care 😝
IMG_2897.jpeg

It's bacon, ground beef, garlic, onion, chili, ginger, finely cut green beans, bean sprouts.
Plus chili bean paste and some Chinese liquid something.
(I was looking for rice wine in a Chinese shop, but no English on the label. The Chinese didn't speak English and the English speaking shop staff no Chinese, so I just bought some bottles and I have no clue what's in it)

My earlier post today has a picture of the filling, with rice
IMG_20240523_113653_768.jpg

[Edited to add pic of filling]

Last edited:
View attachment 113816
Stop me if I told y'all this one already ... there's a food cart (travel trailer type) that has a get this, wood fired pizza oven that just started up and is coming to our homes community center once a week and then to others in the area as well.
So very excited!
It's a 12 inch pie with your choice of toppings.
I couldn't decide, but I knew that one pie would be plenty for us two, along with a chopped salad.
So, it's was half cheese and the other half is prosciutto arugula and a fig drizzle, AHYUM!!!
I'd been wanting to try a pie with prosciutto and arugula. I wasn't sure about the drizz, as I'm not a huge fan of figs, but I mean, come on man!!!
We have a local pizza place called Can A Brother Get A Slice. Take out only. Incredible pizza.

Last night I whipped up some herbs and seasonings and made a paste. And spread it on some bone in pork chops. Let it sit for two hours. Charcoal grilled with hickory. Really good but the star of the s how was homemade mac and cheese. Evaporated milk and pepper jack cheese.
Hey, so I often use heavy cream in my homemade mac n cheese but never tried evaporated milk. Beyond being shelf stable, do you think it's much different? I don't tend to keep evaporated milk on hand though my ma did for baking. I do almost always have a quart of heavy cream in the frig--since it usually is ultra pasteurized the use by date is often a month or so from when I buy it. But do you think that using evaporated milk is better?

NO electricity so I had to go out for breakfast. I had a "Tequeñón", which is a huge, cheese stuffed pastry which is then deep-fried, and a cup of strong coffee.
Not a fan of coffee for breakfast, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom