What did you cook or eat today (May 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a water/flour dough, so I suppose they were not egg rolls.
I generally just call them lumpia, but I may have called them egg roll by mistake.
They looked like eggrolls to me! I've seen people use flour tortillas for southwest eggrolls (tex mex) before. Also samosas aren't too different right?

I bought some eggroll wrappers. I don't know if they have egg in them or not, I didn't read the ingredients lol.

I can't get wrappers, hence this project to try make my own :)
I hear that, and sometimes it's just fun. Like I can get perfectly great pre-made corn and flour tortillas in the stores here for tacos and burritos, but I have made them myself a few times just because I wanted to do it. I like that!

IMG_8375.jpeg

I tried that first, starting out with a small bowl of water next to my work area. Didn't help and actually made it worse. Have you ever made sushi arancini using sticky sushi rice? I never had any problems when making regular arancini balls using arborio rice, but these were made using sticky sushi rice. Using the plastic wrap did the trick. I placed a small square of plastic wrap in my palm and spread the rice out, and i was able to work quickly after that.
I always use damp hands when spreading and flattening rice for sushi or making arancini. Your hands shouldn't be wet, wet, just damp.

I had to rather drastically cut back the herb garden today, so…time for some compound butters:

IMG_8376.jpeg

L to R: parsley-rosemary-thyme butter, basil-sundried tomato butter, oregano-lemon butter, and chili-chive butter - they all have garlic in them.

Now…get in the freezer, butters! 👏

I had to rather drastically cut back the herb garden today, so…time for some compound butters:

View attachment 113939
L to R: parsley-rosemary-thyme butter, basil-sundried tomato butter, oregano-lemon butter, and chili-chive butter - they all have garlic in them.

Now…get in the freezer, butters! 👏
What kind of butter base, Kerry Gold?

Lunch (sourdough, avocado, homemade spicy pear chutney and tofu)

20240525_122123.jpg

The hass avocados at the moment are huge (almost 500g each). Normally we'd use 1 between 5 slices of bread. Today we had ½ of an avocado left, and there's already another for tomorrow and Monday (public holiday in ACT, so hubby's off work), so I served the avo with lunch and on lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom