What did you cook or eat today (May 2024)?

Chicken Bryan (chicken breast topped with goat cheese over pasta tossed with fresh oregano and basil with a sun-dried tomato lemon-butter and white wine sauce). A little shaved parm and more fresh basil for garnish:
20240515_122809.jpg

Deprived the french waiters on the ferry their favourite pastime of saying "NON" and walking off when you ask if there's anything gluten free by making one cheese and pickle sandwich for me and two corned beef and pickle sandwiches for Mr SSOAP.

Reassuring to know they'll be no stomach ache (and the rest of it) tomoz because I've not been forced into eating food I'm not sure about.

I do enjoy cabin food. It feels like one in the eye of the overpriced un-accommodating ferry company 😊

Deprived the french waiters on the ferry their favourite pastime of saying "NON" and walking off when you ask if there's anything gluten free by making one cheese and pickle sandwich for me and two corned beef and pickle sandwiches for Mr SSOAP.

Reassuring to know they'll be no stomach ache (and the rest of it) tomoz because I've not been forced into eating food I'm not sure about.

I do enjoy cabin food. It feels like one in the eye of the overpriced un-accommodating ferry company 😊
Yes, when I used to fly frequently I always packed us food to eat during the airport layover or while on the plane (because the peanuts and pretzels provided in-flight don't get it). And of course an empty water bottle to refill at the water stations within the airport so I don't have to pay something like $5 for a bottle of water (could be higher, can't remember). It's crazy how much they gouge!

Yes, when I used to fly frequently I always packed us food to eat during the airport layover or while on the plane (because the peanuts and pretzels provided in-flight don't get it). And of course an empty water bottle to refill at the water stations within the airport so I don't have to pay something like $5 for a bottle of water (could be higher, can't remember). It's crazy how much they gouge!
Not only overpriced but the final insult- it doesn't taste nice!

Not only overpriced but the final insult- it doesn't taste nice!
Well at least most of the food outlets in the airports have decent food since many of them are chains. And they have booze so people don't quite care as much if it's not as good as the one they eat at back home, LOL! I have only ridden a few ferry boats and I am pretty sure we ate at a restaurant before boarding and again later upon arrival at our destination. That was when we crossed the Bay of Fundy in the Gulf of Maine on our trip in the Maritimes of Canada (specifically the provinces of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia--we didn't make it to Prince Edward Island). That was a fabulous trip! That ferry boat was big enough to hold tractor-trailer trucks on it and there were several in the docking bay.

Beef-and-noodles:

IMG_8321.jpeg

Ferry-hotel-airport food: MrsT gets mad at me when we’re staying somewhere (especially England) because I’ll get up extra early, walk past the fancy coffee and tea machines downstairs and go find and hole-in-the-wall cafe to get some grey, watery tea in a styrofoam cup.

“It’s free at the hotel, and it’s better!”
“I’m living the experience!”
:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom