What did you cook or eat today (November 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting dinner. I might post the recipe

Celery/ potato/spinach soup with an impossible burger.

Beef patties with fried onion, mashed potatoes and avocado.
cit_8.jpg

I had to make a muffins rerun today after failing with yesterday's raspberry-orange-hazelnut muffins which turned bluish grey in the oven. First I blamed baking soda and then baking powder (its aluminium traces and their reaction with acids), as I used both. After searching a bit more on the internet, I came to the conclusion that the incident was a series of unfortunate events and ratios. The harmless discoloration was attributed to the natural pigment anthocyanin in raspberries. If there's too much alkaline in the batter - and I had a teaspoon of both baking powder (pH 8,1) and baking soda (pH 9) - the anthocyanin of raspberries turns blue. A can of sour cream could have saved yesterday's effort; the raspberries and the juice of one orange were not acid enough to neutralize the reaction between alkaline leavening agents and anthocyanin.

Strawberry, Lemon & Hazelnut Muffins
cit_5.jpg

Last edited:
Last nights Dinner was Ragu di vitello della mamma (a girlfriends mamma not mine) served on polenta. Pud the same as last night but cold. Mrs B does not like grated cheese in her polenta, so I portion then add to mine and mix in. I love cold custard.
1606106700976.png
1606106756139.png
1606106783030.png
1606106816234.png

6 pm here heading to Burger King, been shifting furniture for new carpet. So this guy is a friend of my wife's and gone out on his own selling carpet. Said their MEN would help. My first clue was he came three times to measure up. One guy turned up, so it was wife and me moving stuff. Didn't allow for en suite or wardrobe, tape is holding the two together now. Oh, and they don't have enough carpet for the stairs??? Wtf. He's coming back next month???? The 3k deposit he wanted bothered me, so I only paid 1k . I'm not paying more until I get answers. Upstairs is kinda 95 % done.
Downstairs 0%

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom