What did you cook or eat today (November 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ We just had a small bottle of white wine. Other than that, I've drank maybe three mugs of coffee (and nibbled this and that).

Darn this strange language of ours. Your cup of tea aka cuppa is <cough> syphilis in Finnish ("kuppa") :roflmao:.

Well, you had a feast. I didn't stick my nose out and hang out in a loose kaftan all day (children are here; they went on a field trip with their father). We ate leftovers and I tried to bake. My raspberry-orange-hazelnut muffins turned out grey due to excess baking soda. The orange juice wasn't sour enough to neutralize/compensate. No recipe or pics. Grrr. I scraped the grey lumps into a plastic bag. No-one hardly eats them tomorrow (either). We ate e.g. fruit, convenience food (vegetable lasagne), store baked doughnuts (which the hikers brought along), potato chips/crisps, Parmesan straight from the package and a can of olives (so far). I guess we'll continue with salted peanuts, ice cream and salmiak :hyper:.

Lol, I never had that, but I had a friend in our teens, he asked me to go to the vd clinic with him as he was itchy down there. He came out and said they told him to go home and wash it with soap,lol.
Language huh?

Russ

Grey coloured? Doesn't sound right that excess baking soda would do that. :scratchhead:
Well, there was nothing strange in the dough - I made it from scratch. Just almond powder, apf, butter, macadamia nut oil, a pinch of potato starch, a dollop of milk, two eggs, raspberries, orange zest and juice, hazelnuts, raspberries and a teaspoon of baking powder and baking soda. According to this site, citric acids* and the alumin(i)um in the baking powder may cause a bluish hue - so it wasn't because of the baking soda as I thought. *Raspberries are very acerbic too.

Last edited:
Today is a "hang out and eat leftovers in your pajamas" day. I drank coffee, had no breakfast (🤯 TastyReuben), showered, and put on a fresh pair of pajamas, and then broke my fast with a slice of leftover pepperoni pizza. I then ate a boiled egg. Now I am making queso dip with leftover sausage gravy from breakfast yesterday by adding white sharp cheddar cheese and tomato salsa, which I will consume with white corn tortilla chips. Nothing photo worthy, LOL.

I had breakfast, but no shower. Otherwise, the same attitude going on here. Cooking is prepped, and will commence when I'm feeling like it. :cool:

CD

I had breakfast, but no shower. Otherwise, the same attitude going on here. Cooking is prepped, and will commence when I'm feeling like it. :cool:

CD
Yeah, snacking is done with. Tonight we are having filet mignon medallions with salad, shrimp cocktail or mussels in white wine and lemon butter (haven't decided which yet) for an appetizer.

That would involve getting out of my pajamas and driving to Arby's. It's only 4 miles away, but...I think I will stick with the filet mignon.
Not for me - I'm on this call from hell for work, so MrsT is making the food run. She was in sweatpants, but even just hitting a drive-through, she put on real pants. :laugh:

Made Thai dressing and tasted, missing something. Sat down and ran it through my head. Ahhh, lime juice, only had two so added lemon as well from our tree. Taste test...... Nailed it. Right amount of citrus and sweetness. My daughter will pinch leftover to take home.
Nearly 1 pm here so 4 hrs to,go. Buns and garlic butter out.

Russ

Made Thai dressing and tasted, missing something. Sat down and ran it through my head. Ahhh, lime juice, only had two so added lemon as well from our tree. Taste test...... Nailed it. Right amount of citrus and sweetness. My daughter will pinch leftover to take home.
Nearly 1 pm here so 4 hrs to,go. Buns and garlic butter out.

Russ
Nice. We eat around 9ish...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom