What did you cook or eat today (November 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to throw away the leaves and outer bits of cauliflower, but realised this was very wasteful, so they get used now. You get a surprising amount from them and I made a (kind of) cauliflower cheese without a single floret. With a few added extras - leek, mushroom, tomato and garlic - it made for quite a tasty concoction.

I haven't added a photo simply because it's a bit of a tortuous process at the moment. For reasons unknown, this laptop now decides it's going to seize up if I put in any kind of USB device. You can do it eventually, but only by inordinate faffing about. However, like Baldrick, I have a cunning plan.

Cauliflower outer leaves are very nice also for making soups.
I often make them

Last edited:
Pork (tenderloin & bacon) stew with walnuts and spring onion.
poss.jpg

Almond, Lemon & Meringue Pie
mar_c.png

Last edited:
Been painting (polyurethane actually) balistrades ready for new carpet on Monday morning. So it's 6 pm here Saturday and I just made a sammich of corned beef and chow chow. One of my fave sammiches. Nice thick juicy it was too. Bread from a local baker baked this morning.

Russ

View attachment 50875

View attachment 50876
That corned beef looks very good mate. If chow chow is the same as piccalilli I would murder it after huffing the lacquer. 🤪
1605938198762.png

I notice you often eat gluten free pizza. I would never choose that unless I was gluten intolerant. Its almost impossible to make a decent gluten free pizza dough. I'm curious... why do you choose it?

A little for a change and a little because I don't mind the gluten-free one. I still prefer standard pizza, but I've also noticed that the standard one, especially eating it in the evening, sometimes gives me some problems of digestibility, while the gluten-free one doesn't. 🤷‍♀️

So we had a very luxurious treat today. Seafood is very expensive where I live. But we wanted to celebrate our anniversary in style, and as our party couldnt happen on holiday or in a restaurant this year we ordered this spread for the two of us. I made a Hollandaise to go with it.

Lobster, crab, prawns and mussels. It was delicious !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom