What did you cook or eat today (November 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Convenience food today (hence no recipe). Pre-prep smoked rainbow trout and gravlax from the cold counter, ready-made gin & juniper berry pickled herring (yam yam) and home made lemon-mustard sauce (with dill seeds from yesterday's shopping trip) + strawberry-feta salad + oven-baked almond potatoes and tiny carrots with rosemary.
ruoka_.jpg

Convenience food today (hence no recipe). Pre-prep smoked rainbow trout and gravlax from the cold counter, ready-made gin & juniper berry pickled herring (yam yam) and home made lemon-mustard sauce (with dill seeds from yesterday's shopping trip) + strawberry-feta salad + oven-baked almond potatoes and tiny carrots with rosemary.
View attachment 50795

All looks very good, but you had me at strawberry-feta salad 🤩
I'm used to make a similar salad during summertime, watermelon-feta, mint and balsamic vinegar

Last edited:
I have lost track of what I have posted so if there are duplicates please forgive me.
Roasted Cornish hen with roasted veggies.

Savory Sweet Potato Casserole - in the freezer for Thanksgiving Dinner.

Take out Bone Fish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp.

Broiled Pork Chop with garlic smashed turnips and a dirty salad

Pepper crusted ground beef patty with baked sweet potato slathered in butter and Honeymoon salad (lettuce alone)

Repurposed restaurant leftovers. 1/2 crab cake, kind of dry, Crawfish Etouffee sans rice, baked sweet potato fries. The sweet potato fries were reheated in the toaster oven. I chopped the crawfish in the Etouffee. The crab cake wash combined with 1/2 of the Etouffee, lightly crusted with panko and lightly cooked in a cast iron skillet with butter and EVOO. Served on a bed of Romaine, sweet potato fries, crab crawfish cake topped with remaining Etouffee. My lunch was better than the parts.

I have lost track of what I have posted so if there are duplicates please forgive me.
Roasted Cornish hen with roasted veggies.
View attachment 50803

Savory Sweet Potato Casserole - in the freezer for Thanksgiving Dinner.
View attachment 50804
Take out Bone Fish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp.View attachment 50806

Broiled Pork Chop with garlic smashed turnips and a dirty salad
View attachment 50805
Pepper crusted ground beef patty with baked sweet potato slathered in butter and Honeymoon salad (lettuce alone)
View attachment 50807

Repurposed restaurant leftovers. 1/2 crab cake, kind of dry, Crawfish Etouffee sans rice, baked sweet potato fries. The sweet potato fries were reheated in the toaster oven. I chopped the crawfish in the Etouffee. The crab cake wash combined with 1/2 of the Etouffee, lightly crusted with panko and lightly cooked in a cast iron skillet with butter and EVOO. Served on a bed of Romaine, sweet potato fries, crab crawfish cake topped with remaining Etouffee. My lunch was better than the parts.
View attachment 50808

You ate all of that today?! :ohmy:

CD

I went to lunch with a friend. I had never been to Five Guys, so we went there. I had a bacon cheeseburger and an order of cajun fries. The burger was good, but not as good as the high price would suggest. The fries sucked. I shuld have known not to order anything with the word "cajun" in it from a burger joint from the East Coast. They got the seasonings all wrong.

But, now I've had the experience -- and we could eat safely outside, far from other people. The weather was great. 72F and a nice breeze.

CD
Our Five Guys has been hit or miss. Haven’t been there in about a year.

I used to throw away the leaves and outer bits of cauliflower, but realised this was very wasteful, so they get used now. You get a surprising amount from them and I made a (kind of) cauliflower cheese without a single floret. With a few added extras - leek, mushroom, tomato and garlic - it made for quite a tasty concoction.

I haven't added a photo simply because it's a bit of a tortuous process at the moment. For reasons unknown, this laptop now decides it's going to seize up if I put in any kind of USB device. You can do it eventually, but only by inordinate faffing about. However, like Baldrick, I have a cunning plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom