What did you cook or eat today (November 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought some chicken wings yesterday in the hope of making Hungry Man 's KFC recipe but both grocery stores in my area are out of buttermilk. I am so disappointed. I haven't had KFC in at least three years since I lived in N.C. (USA).

I just did them in the air fryer with BBQ sauce. I'll have a salad, cottage cheese and pomegranate with them.

I thought you were legally required to eat Bojangles chicken in NC. :scratchhead:

CD

I went to lunch with a friend. I had never been to Five Guys, so we went there. I had a bacon cheeseburger and an order of cajun fries. The burger was good, but not as good as the high price would suggest. The fries sucked. I shuld have known not to order anything with the word "cajun" in it from a burger joint from the East Coast. They got the seasonings all wrong.

But, now I've had the experience -- and we could eat safely outside, far from other people. The weather was great. 72F and a nice breeze.

CD

Last night. Boned and stuffed turkey thigh, braised cabbage, roast carrots, mash gravy volcano and cranberry relish. Desert pomegranate jewels.
1604635544086.png
1604635562038.png
1604635591325.png
1604635623065.png
1604635643499.png

Did you make these buns? If so, how do you get them golden on top?
Yep, it's the same 40-minute bun recipe I used earlier. I didn't do anything specific to get them that brown besides leave them in the oven for the full time. Also, I used whole wheat flour, so maybe that helped.

I went to lunch with a friend. I had never been to Five Guys, so we went there. I had a bacon cheeseburger and an order of cajun fries. The burger was good, but not as good as the high price would suggest. The fries sucked. I shuld have known not to order anything with the word "cajun" in it from a burger joint from the East Coast. They got the seasonings all wrong.

But, now I've had the experience -- and we could eat safely outside, far from other people. The weather was great. 72F and a nice breeze.

CD
I tried Five Guys in London a few years ago. It was a bit more expensive than McD's, but the portions were huge. I was impressed with the add-ons for the burger, and their regular fries were quite good. I wouldn't want them too often but would definitely eat there again - the 'sin factor' was off the scale!

Yep, it's the same 40-minute bun recipe I used earlier. I didn't do anything specific to get them that brown besides leave them in the oven for the full time. Also, I used whole wheat flour, so maybe that helped.

Thanks. I've added whole wheat flour to my grocery list. I used white flour last time. They were very good. Thanks again for your help with that.

Did you happen to post your burger recipe? That also looks wonderful. Have you ever thought about opening a side business? I would certainly take your classes. ;-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom