What did you cook or eat today (November 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A light lunch
Bruschette with Gorgonzola cream, walnuts and rosemary

That's no recipe, that's just a brat patty, cheese, fried onions, and mustard on a bun.

I have never thought of opening a business. That would last about three days. I wouldn't be able to deal with the public. I'm the guy who, when customers would visit the office, my manager would give me the day off so I wouldn't say something critical to them. :laugh:

Ah, I see. I used to be really patient and kind to everyone. Now, I feel like I'm allergic to most people so I totally "get" it. LOL

Maybe you can get MrsT to run the classes and you just write the lesson plans. ;-)

Ah, I see. I used to be really patient and kind to everyone. Now, I feel like I'm allergic to most people so I totally "get" it. LOL

Maybe you can get MrsT to run the classes and you just write the lesson plans. ;-)
This would be my class:

7:01PM - "Welcome everyone, and thanks for coming out tonight for my Pizza Three Ways class, where we'll make a traditional NY pie, a Detroit-style pizza, and a Chicago style pizza!"

7:04PM - "YOU <bleeping> IDIOT! WHY WOULD YOU EVEN THINK THAT, LET ALONE SAY IT?!?! GET OUT!!! GET OUT OF MY KITCHEN NOW!!! GET THE <bleep> OUT OF MY KITCHEN, MY TOWN, MY STATE, MY COUNTRY, AND OFF THIS <bleeper-bleeping> PLANET!!! I HOPE YOU DIE A LONG, PAINFUL HORRIBLE DEMISE, YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF <bleep>!!! OUT!!!

Seriously, if one more person mentions 'pineapple, in this class....<waves meat cleaver threateningly >"

:laugh:

This would be my class:

7:01PM - "Welcome everyone, and thanks for coming out tonight for my Pizza Three Ways class, where we'll make a traditional NY pie, a Detroit-style pizza, and a Chicago style pizza!"

7:04PM - "YOU <bleeping> IDIOT! WHY WOULD YOU EVEN THINK THAT, LET ALONE SAY IT?!?! GET OUT!!! GET OUT OF MY KITCHEN NOW!!! GET THE <bleep> OUT OF MY KITCHEN, MY TOWN, MY STATE, MY COUNTRY, AND OFF THIS <bleeper-bleeping> PLANET!!! I HOPE YOU DIE A LONG, PAINFUL HORRIBLE DEMISE, YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF <bleep>!!! OUT!!!

Seriously, if one more person mentions 'pineapple, in this class....<waves meat cleaver threateningly >"

OMG!!! That is hilarious. P.S. Chicago-style is the best. ;-0

Sausage, mash and onion gravy tonight. Last few days of lockdown for us, and despite it being short I have found it tough. Comfort food for the last stretch. View attachment 49984

Glad to read your lockdown is coming to an end soon and sorry it was tough on you.

I've never made onion gravy with red onions, but your dish looks yummy.

Last edited:
I tried Five Guys in London a few years ago. It was a bit more expensive than McD's, but the portions were huge. I was impressed with the add-ons for the burger, and their regular fries were quite good. I wouldn't want them too often but would definitely eat there again - the 'sin factor' was off the scale!

The prices here for a burger were almost twice what McD's charges, although it was better than McD's. The price was almost double than an equivalent Whataburger, and not any better.

My friend had the regular fries, and they were good. The so called "cajun" spices on mine were terrible.

CD

This would be my class:

I posted my Tasty's Burgers reply before I read this. I was too gentle. :eek:

CD

I bought some chicken wings yesterday in the hope of making Hungry Man 's KFC recipe but both grocery stores in my area are out of buttermilk. I am so disappointed. I haven't had KFC in at least three years since I lived in N.C. (USA).

I just did them in the air fryer with BBQ sauce. I'll have a salad, cottage cheese and pomegranate with them.
I don't buy buttermilk. I can only find it in quarts. A waste. You can make a substitute with heavy cream and fresh lemon juice. In a 1 cup measure add 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice. Add heavy cream just to the 1 cup mark. Give it gentle stir. Set aside for 10 minutes. Another gentle stir and you have buttermilk. Easy to reduce the recipe. 3 Tsp. = 1 TBSP. I always have cream and lemons in the house.

I didn't get that memo. LOL

Edited to add: I preferred Popeye's Chicken most of the time.
Most of my time there is a blur (the worst years of my adult life).
I am not a fan of KFC. I prefer Pop Eyes. Canes's is a regional franchise that specializes in chicken tenders. Really good. There is a small Asian market that serves fried chicken and plate lunches. It is in a sketchy neighborhood. I would never go there after dark - lots of drug activity. Anyway, they make the BEST fried chicken. It is known as Chicken in the Hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom