What did you cook or eat today (November 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scalloped potatoes, green beans & beef sausage
75919You may wonder why my veg is always a small portion. Well, I had an ileus ( bowel obstruction) last year which send me to hospital because it's life threatening. It was caused by too much veg and surgical scarring in my bowels. So given the current crisis in hospitals, I am going easy on the veg

I had a pretty good breakfast burrito with sausage egg cheese and potato at the airport. It was only eight bucks. Not bad for airport food. No I am sitting on my plane which is broken, waiting for it to be fixed so I can fly to Houston.

I was just curious , it was tasting fine by the way! But glad to know you never heard of leeks on pizza, I didn't either!
I'm a little late on this as I haven't spent much time on the web lately due to being so tired after work, but we make a pizza with sweated leeks in butter/EVOO, very, very minimal to no browning, super thinly sliced guanciale or leftover porchetta with fresh moz and a sprinkling of pecorino romano. Sometimes, we break 2 or 3 eggs onto the pizza a minute or 2 shy of it being done, back in the oven to finish, then break the yolk and let it flow over the pizza.

Went out to dinner at Coopers Hawk last night. It's a multi state small to medium size chain with a winery. I only got a couple of pics, my flight of bubbly wine and dessert. We got their meatballs for an appy and they were really good. Craig got their red wine braised short ribs, which he said were good, but not as good as a high end locally chef owned place. I got surf and turf, parm crusted filet mignons and potato crusted scallops. Mine was good, but the filets were tiny and more toward medium than the med rare i ordered, and they didn't clean/remove the little tough side muscle from the scallops. Dessert, however, was a huge hit. Salted caramel creme brulee. OMG, I was stuffed but i could have eaten another one. Definitely making this myself. Overall, it's a place worth going back to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom