What did you cook or eat today (October 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is the first day in a very long time that I can say I did not cook anything at all and am not planning on doing so this evening, either. And not getting takeout or eating leftovers, nope. I had a banana today and that's it so far. I might eat a few eggs that I had boiled yesterday. I have not been hungry all day and have no idea why. Hubby went to the dentist this morning for a toothache on a back molar and it turned out it was infected. They pulled it, so maybe I am not hungry out of sympathy for him? He can't eat anything but yogurt, ice cream, or cool soft fruits, so I don't have to cook for him, either. If he gets too starved I will make him a fruit smoothie or something. I know he would rather eat something warm and hearty but the dentist said no-no-no. Poor dear.

The pizza dough is 50% whole wheat.

The frequent salads and smaller portions/healthier eating is paying off. MrsT has lost 11 pounds since the first week in August. I don't know what I lost, but I know my belt won't tighten any further and I have to hold my trousers up with one hand while I'm walking, or they slide down my flat azz.

That's my new diet book title: "From Fat-Azz To Flat-Azz In 60 Days!"

Pulled pork pizza

Fried ravioli sticks wirh mozzarella and provolone. Roasted zucchini with Parm R. Don't think we'll be making fried ravioli again. Neither of us liked the texture.
View attachment 47408

I never quite got into fried ravioli, either. I'll eat it if it's in front of me, but I wouldn't order it -- or make it.

CD

The pizza dough is 50% whole wheat.

The frequent salads and smaller portions/healthier eating is paying off. MrsT has lost 11 pounds since the first week in August. I don't know what I lost, but I know my belt won't tighten any further and I have to hold my trousers up with one hand while I'm walking, or they slide down my flat azz.

That's my new diet book title: "From Fat-Azz To Flat-Azz In 60 Days!"
These are what you need:

I use rosemary and thyme regularly with pork, but never thought of honey. I'll have to try that. Post a recipe on the forum if you get a chance. I would like to see how you did it. I'm betting a lot of members would.

CD
Agreed. I'm due to cook pork on Sunday, possible shoulder, so some new inspiration would be welcome!

Not a pretty plate, but good flavours:

Duck breast (over cooked) with potato gratin. Veg was celeriac and Savoy cabbage with cream flavoured with chorizo. Sauce (not shown) was made with carob syrup and Cointreau. Caramelised apples on the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom