What did you cook or eat today (October 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a long time since I've experienced suspenders but I believe they are to hold up ladies stockings, not tights.
My mistake - edited to correct! You must have better memories of ladies stockings than I.

Sorry to hear about your vac pack problems.

Sous vide pork tenderloin is amazing. I sous vide at 145F (62C) for three hours. I use a torch to sear it. It stays so juicy. Just a tiny bit of pink inside. You really should try it.

I usually smoke pork shoulder, but sometimes braise it either Mexican style (Carnitas), or Cuban style (Cuban Roast Pork).

CD
I will try sous vide tenderloin - it's a cut we eat quite often. I bought a rolled shoulder of pork this morning, and ordered some new bag roll for delivery tomorrow. If the vac pack machine cooperates the joint will be going in tomorrow afternoon for about 20 hours @ 70 deg C.

Never heard of that before! Over here they are braces, suspenders hold up ladies stockings or men's socks.
I do wear "shirt suspenders" - a long, Y-shaped bit of elastic that runs down the side of each leg. The Y end fastens to the shirt and the opposite end to the sock, and it keeps your socks up and your shirt from blousing out around your waist line.

They're common with dress uniforms in the military, but I still wear them, for a sleek, trim look when I'm wearing a tucked-in button-down shirt.

These are what I wear:

"Keeps your shirt down and your socks up!"

I get really annoyed when I see an otherwise nicely-dressed fellow sit down and show his slouchy socks and hairy legs as his trouser cuffs ride up.
Confused Englishman sitting here scratching his chin, and wondering if his chain is being pulled or whether Mericans really are crazy bondage freaks.

Confused Englishman sitting here scratching his chin, and wondering if his chain is being pulled or whether Mericans really are crazy bondage freaks.
Nope, those are for real. Like I said earlier, these are prevalent for dress uniforms for military, police, etc. Keeps everything snug and either up or down, depending, so there are no wrinkles in your shirt (fits like a glove) none of that ridiculous blousing around the waist that happens as a shirt works its out of the waistband, and no slouchy socks.

Nope, those are for real. Like I said earlier, these are prevalent for dress uniforms for military, police, etc. Keeps everything snug and either up or down, depending, so there are no wrinkles in your shirt (fits like a glove) none of that ridiculous blousing around the waist that happens as a shirt works its out of the waistband, and no slouchy socks.
Wow. I really did think this was a wind up! Don't they pull your trousers out of shape when you sit down? Come to think of it, over here I can't think of many occasions when much sitting down would be done whilst wearing dress uniforms. Also, I can't think of any dress uniforms whereby the jacket would not cover the shirt, with the exception of mess dress. Other than in an informal setting you would only be sitting in mess dress at the dining table, whereby your untucked shirt and your socks would be out of sight! However, splendid idea if they do work. Wondering now if I am missing a sartorial trick.

Homemade vegan burgers with portobello mushrooms and black beans for a vegan friend visiting today..

I had one pulled today too, and it didn't go smoothly with the Dentist using implements I'm sure were featured in "The Little Shop of Horrors" movie.

Yeah, last tooth (also back molar) I had pulled was pretty barbaric. Hubby was lucky, he had a good dentist that got the tooth out easily and intact. My dentist had to pretty much break mine in pieces to get it out of my jaw and it was traumatic. I was in pain for days. Hubby luckily hasn't even had to take any Ibuprofen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom