What did you cook or eat today (October 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bone roll, dry rub inside and out. After rubbing and rolling your meat put it in the fridge for 24 hours . Cook for 6/8 hours low and slow. Pulled pork.View attachment 47422

I usually smoke mine, too. When the blade bone pulls out clean like it's pulling out of butter, you know it is done. I generally use apple wood for smoke. It is really good with pork.

CD

I usually smoke mine, too. When the blade bone pulls out clean like it's pulling out of butter, you know it is done. I generally use apple wood for smoke. It is really good with pork.

CD
I cut down a pear tree and used a chunk of that for years if the lid was down. I BBQed either. I liked to get additional flavor inside so I tended to bone and roll.

Do you sous vide pork shoulder? I don't, but I do sous vide all lean cuts of pork, like chops, lion roasts and tenderloins.

CD
I usually sous vide shoulder, but seldom the leaner cuts. Seems we take an opposite approach! I've never bothered using sous vide for lean steaks, but having tried sous vide beef fillet recently I am going to rethink my approach. However, sous viding any thing at the moment is out of the question - I have run out of bag roll and my replacement vac pack machine is going back due to being useless.

I usually sous vide shoulder, but seldom the leaner cuts. Seems we take an opposite approach! I've never bothered using sous vide for lean steaks, but having tried sous vide beef fillet recently I am going to rethink my approach. However, sous viding any thing at the moment is out of the question - I have run out of bag roll and my replacement vac pack machine is going back due to being useless.

Sorry to hear about your vac pack problems.

Sous vide pork tenderloin is amazing. I sous vide at 145F (62C) for three hours. I use a torch to sear it. It stays so juicy. Just a tiny bit of pink inside. You really should try it.

I usually smoke pork shoulder, but sometimes braise it either Mexican style (Carnitas), or Cuban style (Cuban Roast Pork).

CD

Today is the first day in a very long time that I can say I did not cook anything at all and am not planning on doing so this evening, either. And not getting takeout or eating leftovers, nope. I had a banana today and that's it so far. I might eat a few eggs that I had boiled yesterday. I have not been hungry all day and have no idea why. Hubby went to the dentist this morning for a toothache on a back molar and it turned out it was infected. They pulled it, so maybe I am not hungry out of sympathy for him? He can't eat anything but yogurt, ice cream, or cool soft fruits, so I don't have to cook for him, either. If he gets too starved I will make him a fruit smoothie or something. I know he would rather eat something warm and hearty but the dentist said no-no-no. Poor dear.

I had one pulled today too, and it didn't go smoothly with the Dentist using implements I'm sure were featured in "The Little Shop of Horrors" movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom