What did you cook or eat today (October 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mistake - edited to correct! You must have better memories of ladies stockings than I.
I call mine lingerie clips, and I have some in my closet in my lingerie drawer, though nowadays it's easy to find stockings with "holdups" where the stockings are thigh high with elastic to hold them up. I think CD is right, they may be called garter belts and garter clips, but really they hold up stockings that in my experience, either are fishnet or have lines going up the back, or both...

Last edited:
Wow. I really did think this was a wind up! Don't they pull your trousers out of shape when you sit down? Come to think of it, over here I can't think of many occasions when much sitting down would be done whilst wearing dress uniforms. Also, I can't think of any dress uniforms whereby the jacket would not cover the shirt, with the exception of mess dress. Other than in an informal setting you would only be sitting in mess dress at the dining table, whereby your untucked shirt and your socks would be out of sight! However, splendid idea if they do work. Wondering now if I am missing a sartorial trick.
Keep in mind, there are permutations of what is meant by "dress uniform," and my Uniform Of The Day (pre-Desert Shield/Storm) didn't involve a jacket. It was dress shoes, dress socks, blue dress trousers, and blue dress shirt (with ribbons and name tag), and the necktie would be optional if it were a short-sleeved shirt. Jacket/coat was usually reserved for special occasions, like getting an award or a reprimand. :)

Katsu curry stir fry, I did buy the sauce but it was damn good.

Doesn’t katsu curry usually involve breaded chicken?

I cooked a standing rib roast today. My first time. I looked up recipes, and cooking times and temperatures were all over the map. So, I picked one that looked right, and used it. My meat came out medium, instead of medium rare. It was done long before the time recommended by the recipe. Good thing I had a probe thermometer in the meat, or it would have been well done.

Served with onion and mushroom gravy.

RibRoast001.jpg

CD

I cooked a standing rib roast today. My first time. I looked up recipes, and cooking times and temperatures were all over the map. So, I picked one that looked right, and used it. My meat came out medium, instead of medium rare. It was done long before the time recommended by the recipe. Good thing I had a probe thermometer in the meat, or it would have been well done.

Served with onion and mushroom gravy.

View attachment 47483

CD
Looks great to me, either way. Good sandwiches tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom