What did you cook or eat today (October 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, that's pretty much what we would call apple crumble. Fantastic dish.

Yes, apple crisp and apple crumble are very much the same thing. You will sometimes hear apple crumble in the US, but it is more commonly called apple crisp.

CD

My first attempt in making Yorkshire pudding. I don’t know if they are ok for Brits (please any thoughts from you will be more than well accepted - I’m learning) .. I have to say that they taste good, but need to keep doing them

My first attempt in making Yorkshire pudding. I don’t know if they are ok for Brits (please any thoughts from you will be more than well accepted - I’m learning) .. I have to say that they taste good, but need to keep doing them

View attachment 48018

View attachment 48019

View attachment 48020
They look great! How well did they brown on the sides and bottoms? I usually use a metal tin because the times I've used ceramic ramekins, they didn't brown all that well.

Those look wonderful, though, and ready for some onion gravy. 😋

They look great! How well did they brown on the sides and bottoms? I usually use a metal tin because the times I've used ceramic ramekins, they didn't brown all that well.

Those look wonderful, though, and ready for some onion gravy. 😋

Thank you very much
I was a bit worried about using ceramic ramekins as well, my muffins metal mould is ruined and that’s why I don’t use it - need to buy a new one

Yep, gravy is needed, definitely. And so peas, cauliflowers, carrots and roast. I’ll provide soon! I first wanted to try with YP, now I’m sorry I haven’t made any to pair them with. I have some mature cheddar I’ve bought in London, it would be fine fir the moment with them😊

Thank you very much
I was a bit worried about using ceramic ramekins as well, my muffins metal mould is ruined and that’s why I don’t use it - need to buy a new one

Yep, gravy is needed, definitely. And so peas, cauliflowers, carrots and roast. I’ll provide soon! I first wanted to try with YP, now I’m sorry I haven’t made any to pair them with. I have some mature cheddar I’ve bought in London, it would be fine fir the moment with them😊
Oh, I can eat those just as they are! When I make them, they're usually the last thing out of the oven, because they really need to be eaten almost immediately. Between getting everything plated and drinks poured and all that, it can take 15-20 minutes to get settled in.

By then, I've already had two or three to sample. :laugh:

Oh, I can eat those just as they are! When I make them, they're usually the last thing out of the oven, because they really need to be eaten almost immediately. Between getting everything plated and drinks poured and all that, it can take 15-20 minutes to get settled in.

By then, I've already had two or three to sample. :laugh:

In the end I ate one as it was without accompaniment and the others were perfect for the final scarpetta in the bottarga :laugh:.
'Strange combination' I thought. But UK and Sardinia are both islands, so the culinary twinning went well :okay:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom