What did you cook or eat today (October 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I am making Sarma I bought a whole fermented cabbage from the market along with some smoked neck pork. The butcher minced beef, pork and veal for me.
Separate the big leaves for wrapping. Slice the rest and place half on the bottom of a big pot. Cut the pork into chunks but keeping the neck fillet whole and place on top of the cabbage. Mix the meat with any herbs or spices you fancy and stuff the leaves. Pack into the pot, put the meat chunks on top, cover with the remaining cabbage and a few bay leaves. Add some good chicken stock, put the lid on and cook over a low heat after bringing to the boil.Nb we could never find the whole fermented cabbage in the UK so we made our own. My late Fil Tommo showed me how.I will post pics of the plate tomorrow. If you want to know how to make the fermented cabbage just ask.
1603004147021.png
1603004208763.png
1603004230189.png
1603004265912.png
1603004328657.png

Ok, getting around to using the first of the glut of peppers I got in my produce haul several days ago:

Really simple - split a pepper, cooked it several minutes in oil, water, and salt to soften it, then filled it with cheese and an egg, and back with the lid on to steam the eggs.

For something so simple, the taste is phenomenal. I could eat this once a week.

I love this! Why do you need oil and water to cook the pepper? What is the cheese?

It's was to celibate Novaks winning Wimbledon.
So...trading one muffin for another? :wink:

I love this! Why do you need oil and water to cook the pepper? What is the cheese?
The water steams the pepper so it's soft (this is done with the lid on) and I'm guessing the olive oil is just for a little flavor boost.

Chicken bog with freshly made chicken stock
IMG_5923.jpg

And because I'm working again tomorrow I'm drinking gin with lunch, and probably wine with dinner, and who knows if uncle Jack doesn't show up for a midday snack.
IMG_5922.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom