What did you cook or eat today (October 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juniper berries flavoured stewed octopus
I’ll post recipe for the challenge soon

I'm still reliant on hubby cooking and it is getting to both me and my waistline. It is the same source of protein, constantly relying on these new 'plant based' meats that I neither like the name of, nor the taste. Occasionally we come across a good one, but mostly he is over doing it continually and constantly serving the same things week in week out and...

Tonight was overcooked buckwheat pasta with a stir through sauce (way too salty) and plant based mince. I don't know what he did to it but I have really bad rumblings some 3 hrs after eating it. I'm not gluten sensitive at all but there are the odd occasion when I am, homemade seiten over a decade ago was one such occasion. Tonight is another... I am certain that that is the problem, that and the fact it should have served 4. It served 2 and I, due to childhood issues, can't leave food on a plate uneaten. I can, however, not serve as much, but between my recent operation and a bad shoulder, I'm neither cooking or serving food at present.

I'm still reliant on hubby cooking and it is getting to both me and my waistline. It is the same source of protein, constantly relying on these new 'plant based' meats that I neither like the name of, nor the taste. Occasionally we come across a good one, but mostly he is over doing it continually and constantly serving the same things week in week out and...

Tonight was overcooked buckwheat pasta with a stir through sauce (way too salty) and plant based mince. I don't know what he did to it but I have really bad rumblings some 3 hrs after eating it. I'm not gluten sensitive at all but there are the odd occasion when I am, homemade seiten over a decade ago was one such occasion. Tonight is another... I am certain that that is the problem, that and the fact it should have served 4. It served 2 and I, due to childhood issues, can't leave food on a plate uneaten. I can, however, not serve as much, but between my recent operation and a bad shoulder, I'm neither cooking or serving food at present.
Hope you are feeling better soon - with covid, helping your parents and both you / your hubby's surgeries, I bet you can't wait to say good bye to 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom