What did you cook or eat today (October 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made calzones for the first time:

View attachment 72909

Spinach and mushroom for MrsT:
View attachment 72911

Pepperoni, bell pepper, and onion for me:
View attachment 72910

I read an article on calzone tips, and one was not to roll the dough too thin, but I'd roll it thinner than that next time.

Other than that, not displeased, tasted fine. I still prefer pizza, though. :D
Those look awful TR and you should send them my way so I can throw them out.....yes I'll do that for you. :whistling:

I made Coq Au Vin with white wine. That's how I like it. They say "Cook with a wine you would want to drink," and I'm not a big red wine fan. I used an Italian Pinot Grigio that I like. Sauvignon Blanc would work, too. I would stay away from Chardonnay for this.

CoqAuVinBlanc001.jpg

CD

Last edited:
Last night I had two pints of cider and a plate of pulled pork nachos with extra Jalapenos.
The chicken had an usual texture, almost slimey? not off, just a weird texture, what would cause that.

Either way, the next day, my backside is like a Japanese flag! ouchy!!!! g'dam!!!

My buddy didn't have any of the Jalapenos, but he has similar symptoms. Can cider do that???

Lunch

Thre vegan pattie was all I could manage. It tasted better than it looks thankfully but I'm not a huge fan of fake meats.
Sadly the salad had no dressing. It was literally a 5 bean mix from a tin with some leaves. It needed something to bring some life to the party

Evening meal.
The least said about this the better. Ok, not quite that bad but they serve the sweet potatoe almost raw. Still crunchy and it doesn't work for me. Ther sauce is Neapolitan but it is closer to tomato paste to be honest. Though not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom