What did you cook or eat today (October 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's meal was somewhat vegetarian, - radish cucumber soup.

full.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve been cooking all day!

This morning I made a huge pot of totally inauthentic but really tasty chicken & vegetable laksa. I prep it so the boys can heat, add fresh Hokkien style noodles & eat it for dinner when I’m away. I froze 4 x 1L containers. There’s a pot in the fridge for Monday night and I have a 500ml container for my lunch on Monday.

Then I made a big pot of cannellini, cauliflower & cheese soup using up some of the odd bits of cheese left from other recent cooking adventures. That’s frozen in lunch serves for work too. 6 x 500ml.

Next up I fried off the osso bucco & put it in the slow cooker. I built the sauce around a soffritto with white wine, fresh rosemary & thyme & canned crushed tomatoes. That’s still simmering away. That’s for tomorrow night. I love soft polenta but the boys aren’t keen so I’ll do orecchiette with broccoli, garlic, anchovy & toasted almonds.

For tonight there is this layered potato dish - with cream, mustard, garlic & cheese. Bone in chicken pieces on top, more creamy sauce all over then bake covered for an hour or so then uncovered for an hour or so. Serving with magic broccoli & asparagus.

In between I’ve been watching interviews with Pink on YouTube. I took my daughter to see her in 2008. It was fantastic and I’m loving her new stuff - so positive & upbeat. Hoping to see her again next tour.

A variation of mac'n'cheese. Spelt pasta, veg cream(had it open,unfinished),Emmentaler,even 2 eggs. Very happy.
It does not look so on the pic, as all is a bit rushed.
Had some soups to go nicely with the cold evenings. One was veg(bell pepper, tom, celery,onion) with egg&wheat meal dumplings, kid loves those. The other was chicken breast soup with tiny letter-form pasta. We used the meat for tortilla wraps with corn, raddichio and cream). No pics of those🤷🤷🤓

Our younger one turned 23 years this week and we've invited old folks (grandparents) over for coffee. I bought a mudcake and a fruit covered cheese cake and baked two large pies: one with ham & Swiss cheese and one with reindeer, mushrooms & cheese, both with the thinnest possible rye & oat crust.
20211016_121428.jpg

C'mon now...we all know size don't matter...it's the "quality" of the sausage that counts! :laugh:

Hahaha...as a great 80's Australian (Well, New Zealand actually, but anything good from NZ becomes Australian) pop group once sang:

" It Ain't What You Dance It's The Way You Dance it"

View: https://youtu.be/_xxs7t5Uq8g

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom