What did you cook or eat today (October 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest has just been the aggravation with the car. It rained most of the way over, but that didn't bother me much.

Interstates (motorways) here are mostly somewhat straight or long, gentle curves - helps to keep the traffic scooting along at a good rate of speed, but there's a fairly lengthy bit from the West Virginia border well into Pennsylvania where it's hilly/mountainous and the interstate is very crooked - it just kills the traffic, with 18-wheelers bogging everything down trying to climb the hills all the curves prevent traffic from ever reaching any kind of speed. It takes forever to make any time through there, that was pretty frustrating. I can live with that on the backroads, but not on the interstate.
Couldn’t be worse than traffic in Seoul, 8 lanes of madness. Enjoy the rest of your trip.
Russ

I had a tostada with homemade refried beans, sour cream, shredded cheddar, diced red onion, cilantro, roasted garlic, lime juice, fresh jalapeño, lettuce and tomatoes from the garden, and sliced avocado.

Last edited:
Biggest has just been the aggravation with the car. It rained most of the way over, but that didn't bother me much.

Interstates (motorways) here are mostly somewhat straight or long, gentle curves - helps to keep the traffic scooting along at a good rate of speed, but there's a fairly lengthy bit from the West Virginia border well into Pennsylvania where it's hilly/mountainous and the interstate is very crooked - it just kills the traffic, with 18-wheelers bogging everything down trying to climb the hills all the curves prevent traffic from ever reaching any kind of speed. It takes forever to make any time through there, that was pretty frustrating. I can live with that on the backroads, but not on the interstate.
Ive got 90 klm of motorway, the rest is up and down mountains with a number of border crossings. I will report on the condition of my ba.......... coat please I'm off.

New batch of savoury kipferl,recipe by Igor. A different ratio of corn flour and wholegraun flour, filled with green olives. Some of them just plain empty when ran out of olives.

Used a fourth of the huge dough to make a quick and lovely tender pizza, one could fork it away.

Topping is Krainer sausage, a Slovenian sausage(kranjska kobasica) of pork meat seasoned with garlic and pepper. Tastes great.
A common staple in all local supermarkets. I have not had sausages for many years, this was a pleasant comeback,so to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom