What did you cook or eat today (October 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's meal was chicken udon.

full.jpg

This included udon noodles, chicken, cabbage, pearl onion, garlic cloves, broccoli, snow peas, morels, chanterelle mushrooms, enoki mushrooms, chicken better than bouillon, fennel seed, anise seed, red cayenne pepper flakes, 2 raw eggs and shichimi togarashi.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the men in Blue Ball, PA don't visit Intercourse, PA very often.

CD
For those wondering what we're on about:

The town's name is suggestive, reminding some of the slang term "blue balls" (1916), also known as "hot nuts," which refers to the sexual condition of temporary testicular and prostate fluid congestion due to prolonged and unsatisfied sexual excitement. Blue Ball is often listed among the "delightfully-named towns" in Pennsylvania Dutchland, alongside Pleasureville, Intercourse, Mount Joy, Lititiz, Bareville, Bird-In-Hand, and Paradise.

I'm guessing the men in Blue Ball, PA don't visit Intercourse, PA very often.

CD
And I'll add this - because of the sly names, you can buy replicas of road signs around here, with the town name and a directional arrow.

When my in-laws moved into their retirement community, my FIL bought one that said "INTERCOURSE ➡️" and promptly situated it in their bedroom window, going as far as to angle the sign so the arrow was pointing down to the bed.

The park association made him remove it! :laugh:

How’s the trip, any complications along the trip, I’m picking there were a few?.
Biggest has just been the aggravation with the car. It rained most of the way over, but that didn't bother me much.

Interstates (motorways) here are mostly somewhat straight or long, gentle curves - helps to keep the traffic scooting along at a good rate of speed, but there's a fairly lengthy bit from the West Virginia border well into Pennsylvania where it's hilly/mountainous and the interstate is very crooked - it just kills the traffic, with 18-wheelers bogging everything down trying to climb the hills all the curves prevent traffic from ever reaching any kind of speed. It takes forever to make any time through there, that was pretty frustrating. I can live with that on the backroads, but not on the interstate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom