What did you cook or eat today (October 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I got to check off "tried Durian" from the list of things to do in life. It smelled about as bad as I was expecting but the taste wasn't anywhere near good enough to make up for it. The person who offered it to me was wisely ready with a pack of gum.

I've seen YouTube videos of people eating durian, and they have never been pleasant to watch. I can't imagine actually eating it.

CD

Today I got to check off "tried Durian" from the list of things to do in life. It smelled about as bad as I was expecting but the taste wasn't anywhere near good enough to make up for it. The person who offered it to me was wisely ready with a pack of gum.

It never made it to my mouth in singers, dry retching. It really is revolting.

Russ

Time for supper:

Jeez, Fowler - you cook for the masses. :roflmao: :roflmao:
Well I can´t talk: yesterday, we both said " wow, we haven´t eaten yellow pea soup for ages" - so I grabbed a kilo, put it in the pressure cooker and now we´ve got enough soup for a week.
Today, however, being Sunday... we always try and make something a bit special. We fancied stuffed pasta but, alas, there was none available. I bought some Di Cecco pasta, some lovely mushrooms, and cooked up this:

I just realized I forgot to take a pic of the meat/tom sauce( with ground pork), oh well, nevermind. Kid will make her own potato puree, I have gluten free pasta. Some baked chicken parts for tomorrow's lunch. Red beet pickled. Will figure out a side dish later on.

Chicken was seasoned with salt and an old opened 'taco seasoning mix', and olive oil. Absolutely delicious. I scooped that and pourred over fresh leftover rice from that day, 👍. The meat was very tender and lovely,still hot from the oven.

The meat tom sauce is in my tin box, the chicken in the fridge, so it is not served really. So no served pics ...

Off I go preparing a bread dough, a new recipe, needs to rise for 12 hours...and then it is wake up time.

Have a good week,everyone🍀🖐️😄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom