What did you cook or eat today (October 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Restaurant takeout: filet mignon medallions with black peppercorn sauce, baked potato with sour cream and butter, steamed broccoli, yeast rolls and honey cinnamon butter, and Texas style chili. I still have the chili, potato, and broccoli (and 3 rolls) for tomorrow. Too much food.

Today I got to check off "tried Durian" from the list of things to do in life. It smelled about as bad as I was expecting but the taste wasn't anywhere near good enough to make up for it. The person who offered it to me was wisely ready with a pack of gum.

My wife eats it in season. However, I do not even allow it in the house nor the cab of the pickup.

Restaurant takeout: filet mignon medallions with black peppercorn sauce, baked potato with sour cream and butter, steamed broccoli, yeast rolls and honey cinnamon butter, and Texas style chili. I still have the chili, potato, and broccoli (and 3 rolls) for tomorrow. Too much food.
View attachment 73184
View attachment 73185
Wowie, looks gorgeous!

Timenspace caseydog this is a traditional portuguese dish from the South called carne de porco à alentejana. It's diced pork meat, fried, diced potatoes fried, seasoned with a garlic-paprika mix. It's usually made with clams but I don't like clams so I replaced them with shrimp. I'll post the recipe later when I have the time.

The ordeal continues, some worse than others

The brown rice and quinoa salad really being like much than steamed brown rice on lettuce. When I was served the very same thing again for my evening meal that day, I objected. Not only had I not appreciated a plate of stranded rice on lettuce leaves, but I wasn't having it twice in one day when something else had been agreed on. The actual meal was fine.

The ordeal continues, some worse than others

The brown rice and quinoa salad really being like much than steamed brown rice on lettuce. When I was served the very same thing again for my evening meal that day, I objected. Not only had I not appreciated a plate of stranded rice on lettuce leaves, but I wasn't having it twice in one day when something else had been agreed on. The actual meal was fine.

Looking at these offerings, methinks you might end up losing weight whilst in hospital...

Looking at these offerings, methinks you might end up losing weight whilst in hospital...
Lol. Possibly. I'm don't get snacks at all. That's beyond them. I did get some fresh fruit. Today was 2½ prunes in syrup and a fresh pear that needed another week to ripen. It wasn't eaten.
I'm waiting for an order from an online company to be delivered for some vegan French vanilla flavoured protein powder to be delivered. At least then I'll have some measurable protein in my diet. I've probably only eaten ½-⅔rds of what's been photographed. I've not counted breakfast which has been the usual Dorest Cereals Berry Granola with a touch of yoghurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom