What did you cook or eat today (October 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much longer are you obliged to stay in hospital?
I'm hoping to be discharged this Friday. They do the weekly rehab review on a Wednesday around midday, so there is a tiny chances of Wednesday evening (though this is difficult for my husband) or Thursday, but Friday is currently the planned date (however i have heard next weekend thrown in as well which I'm ignoring). I'm only day 12 post op (it's 7am on day 12 though!) and with no home support available because of me being private rehab this time and because we live in a different state to the where the operation was performed, they'll not discharge me until physio is 100% happy. Plus physio know that it's a 45 minute ride/drive each way for me to access physio.

I'm only day 12 post op (it's 7am on day 12 though!) and with no home support available because of me being private rehab this time and because we live in a different state to the where the operation was performed, they'll not discharge me until physio is 100% happy. Plus physio know that it's a 45 minute ride/drive each way for me to access physio.
I see. Well, better for your hips and you to be taken care of professionally,however long hospital stays do tend to run one down.
You sound cheerful and present,so that is not the case for you.
You are strong and getting stronger!
How soon will you be able to walk unassisted?

This tea deserves a post of its own.
Orange blossom,rose buds,jasmine,mint,green tea.
Heavenly.
I could not figure out where the caramely taste came from, it might be the orange blossom🤷...even if it remains a mystery, it is my top fav tea so far...ever...

Lunch with SIL. Always polemical, because (a) she´s a psychologist and (b) she wants to know exactly how I made the sauces, but can barely fry an egg.
Never mind: the tortellini I bought at a local Italian outlet. They´re fantastic. The ones on the left were filled with pears and goat cheese - and covered with a homemade "filetto" tomato sauce. The others were tortellini capressa - so I put some homemade pesto on top. Yummy!

How soon will you be able to walk unassisted?
I'm allowed short distances on 2 crutches by myself already which is a relief. They encourage patients to be on their feet almost immediately and because I had the much longer procedure done from the front not the more normal rear, I've been on my feet from day 2 with assistance.
As for walking without crutches, that's a distant pipe dream. I'm not able to only use 1 crutch due to back problems, so the next step would be walking with 2 walking sticks but that's a long way off I think.

Traditional Dutch food. Cauliflower with bechamel sauce.........

That's the only way my mum ever served cauliflower and I sometimes also do to this day. But normally with cheese.

I'm allowed short distances on 2 crutches by myself already which is a relief. They encourage patients to be on their feet almost immediately and because I had the much longer procedure done from the front not the more normal rear, I've been on my feet from day 2 with assistance.
As for walking without crutches, that's a distant pipe dream. I'm not able to only use 1 crutch due to back problems, so the next step would be walking with 2 walking sticks but that's a long way off I think.
All right. Being independent ,even on 2 crutches is good, means a lot.
Good job!
Can you do some gardening in a seated position?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom