What did you cook or eat today (September 2019)?

Ramen noodles with charred chicken, as well as green onions, spinach and a soft boiled egg with togarashi seasoning as a finish. Broth was chicken stock, bones, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and green onions. Chicken marinated in hoisin, sesame oil, garlic and ginger mix.

This is really strange to us in the UK. So would you get a fried egg with fruit?
I don't know if it's on purpose, but it seems to match up well with scrambled eggs or quiche, especially at brunch.

I think, for me at least, a fried egg is what I order when I want a hearty breakfast. Scrambled eggs (and definitely a quiche) feel more...elegant, maybe, so a little mixed fruit on the side seems more appropriate.

But who's to say what's best to go with what? Believe me, smoked salmon and eggs seems like the weirdest thing ever to me. There's no explaining taste. :)

I bought some French bread to make a French onion soup-inspired bread pudding, forgetting that the wife is out of town this weekend, so I cut off a few slices and made some quickie pizza.

Sauce is homemade, and one is topped with olives, one with banana peppers, and one with salami.

Chicken Parma and I don't know why I've never made this. But I'm gunna. My good friend even shouted the wife and I our meals. David said he appreciated our friendship and was the least he could do. We've been friends since school. We call him dafyd, the only gay in the village. Muricans won't get this?? Lol.

Russ

Yes, of course fruit and savoury are wonderful together. No problem with that & I combine them a lot. I made a Brie with Apple & Fig tart yesterday, for example. I think its the eggs with fruit which I'm unsure about.
Yes, fair comment.

Back
Top Bottom