What did you cook or eat today (September 2019)?

rascal

Über Member
I've pre cooked for later, it's Father's Day here and I don't normally cook. Kids bringing meats for BBQ. I made potato gratin and pate last night . And coleslaw. They are doing the rest. Pics to follow.

Russ

Yorky

Uncomfortably numb
Website
freebeerforyorky.com
I had a little cut of "green" pork loin given on Friday to try. I had a few prawn wontons left but didn't have any noodles. I went for stir fried green pork with prawn wontons, coriander, spring onions, flat leaf parsley and chicken stock over fusilli pasta. I managed about 60% of the fusilli with chopsticks until I had to call for a fork and spoon.

Last edited:

murphyscreek

Recipe Challenge Judge
Looks gorgeous - how long did you cook the octopus?
I braised them for around forty minutes on a slow simmer, before finishing them under a hot grill for only a few more minutes just to char them a little. Not sure if the photo shows, they were quite small.

morning glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
I braised them for around forty minutes on a slow simmer, before finishing them under a hot grill for only a few more minutes just to char them a little. Not sure if the photo shows, they were quite small.
Yeah - I wondered if they were cooked a longish time. I realised they were smallish by comparing to the mushrooms. They do look really good.

Top Bottom