What did you cook or eat today (September 2019)?

Usually, mine are very wet, but these aren't because:

1. The recipe describes this as more of a frittata consistency than really loose scrambled eggs, and googling other images showed cooking it through, with barely scrambling it at all, almost like a quiche, and cutting it into slabs to serve.

2. MrsTasty, who got served first, had less-cooked eggs - mine (pictured above) had to hang out in the pan while I buttered her toast, plated hers, then buttered my toast and plated mine, then took the snap. Even off the heat, because they were done in a cast iron skillet, they got quite a few minutes of residual cooking.

Luckily, like I've said before, I can eat eggs from nearly-raw to nearly-burnt, so I was fine. :)

You are vindicated then (in my book!).

Back to my dieting. :ohmy: :mad:

Lunch is the only thing I ate so far today. It comes in at under 100 cals. Rocket salad with tomato, cucumber, mushrooms and cumin and turmeric chicken. The dressing is almond milk, balsamic, Dijon whipped up together. No oil.

fullsizeoutput_50b6.jpeg

Tonight's supper is a redux of sorts, with the addition of sliced tomatoes, corn-on-the-cob, and rye bread and butter.

I didn't plate this or shoot it to impress, but I wanted to show off the meat patty I had topped with an egg the other night.
1E5F9180-DC84-4D85-8EB0-BDA28679D972.jpeg

One thing I'll mention - I reheated the patty by popping it in my steamer basket for about five minutes and it came out a treat. It didn't really cook anymore, and it was extremely moist and hot all the way through.

When you say 'steamer basket' you mean....?
Something like this:
BD0926F9-3666-44FA-934C-4DB3DD1A2EF4.jpeg

Mine fits partially into one of my saucepans and the lid fits over the basket. Put an inch or so of water in the saucepan, put in your veg (or in my case, a meat patty :) ), slap the lid on and turn on the fire hot enough to get the water steaming.

Prime ribeye steak sous vide and seared with the Searsall, with corn on the cob, nuked, slathered with butter, salt and pepper, and lightly charred withe the Searsall.

CD

Something like this:
View attachment 31527

Mine fits partially into one of my saucepans and the lid fits over the basket. Put an inch or so of water in the saucepan, put in your veg (or in my case, a meat patty :) ), slap the lid on and turn on the fire hot enough to get the water steaming.

Oh yes - I have one somewhere (little used!).

I appreciate that everyone is bored with my same old images of my take-away egg noodles on a Tuesday evening (and occasionally Friday evening) so I dissected the dish to show the constituents.

Without soup:

Dry 2 s.jpg

With soup:

Wet 2 s.jpg

I don't think I added this last night.
It's a ready made vegan evening meal. Really tasty. I was actually really impressed with it and this is the second time I've eaten it. Less than 300 kcals for the entire meal and it's very filling. We bought it on Sainsbury's along with another one for £3.50. It's what we gave the hotel to cook for us on the grounds it only needed 5 minutes in the microwave.
I'd happily recommend it. There another in the range but hubby said this one was the better of the two.

20190903_111518.jpg
20190903_111751.jpg

Oh yes - I have one somewhere (little used!).
I've one for decades, it came with my saucepans, so it fits snugly and the saucepan lid fits it perfectly, so it works out great.

The thing is, I really never used it until a couple of years ago. When Ziploc came out with fill-your-own steamer bags for the microwave, that's how I steamed all my fresh veg.

I ran out one day, though, and remembered the basket, and that's what I use now. Those bags are pricey, and you don't get many in a pack, but the basket is always there and ready to go.

Back
Top Bottom