What did you cook or eat today (September 2019)?

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
7:00 PM
Simply tell us what you cooked, ate or drank today. Photos appreciated but not at all necessary.

Last edited:
I've pre cooked for later, it's Father's Day here and I don't normally cook. Kids bringing meats for BBQ. I made potato gratin and pate last night . And coleslaw. They are doing the rest. Pics to follow.

Russ

Potato gratin , just needs reheating.

Russ

image.jpeg

I had a little cut of "green" pork loin given on Friday to try. I had a few prawn wontons left but didn't have any noodles. I went for stir fried green pork with prawn wontons, coriander, spring onions, flat leaf parsley and chicken stock over fusilli pasta. I managed about 60% of the fusilli with chopsticks until I had to call for a fork and spoon.

Last edited:
Looks gorgeous - how long did you cook the octopus?

I braised them for around forty minutes on a slow simmer, before finishing them under a hot grill for only a few more minutes just to char them a little. Not sure if the photo shows, they were quite small.

I braised them for around forty minutes on a slow simmer, before finishing them under a hot grill for only a few more minutes just to char them a little. Not sure if the photo shows, they were quite small.

Yeah - I wondered if they were cooked a longish time. I realised they were smallish by comparing to the mushrooms. They do look really good.

Back
Top Bottom