What did you cook or eat today (September 2019)?

Apple, Fig & Brie Tart with Honey:

Ham, granny smith apple, thyme, sharp cheddar quiche with fruit salad.
View attachment 32325

The quiche looks gogeous. Not a criticism but I'd have never considered serving fruit salad with a savoury quiche nor have I ever come across it before. Perhaps its more usual where you are? I must try it sometime.

The quiche looks gogeous. Not a criticism but I'd have never considered serving fruit salad with a savoury quiche nor have I ever come across it before. Perhaps its more usual where you are? I must try it sometime.

Thank you.

Why not fruit? It's served on buffet brunches and is a lighter/healthier alternative to fried potatoes. We sometimes have a lettuce salad, but the fruit is a nice alternative.

We serve fruit with grilled 3-mustard chicken too. The sweetness of the fruit is a nice counterpoint to the mustard flavors.

That was my reaction too. Then I remembered eating watermelon and Parma ham salad last year and it was gorgeous. It is also common to serve an apple with a ploughman's lunch, and fruit based sauces are common with game over here. Apple sauce with pork, Waldorf salad, chicken with grapes etc., so fruit with quiche is not such a stretch.

Odd. I serve quiche or eggs with fruit and/or salad (see my quiche post & video I posted yesterday from Jacques Pepin), or French Onion soup.

Nothing fancy. Brats and the Potato Pancakes I posted in the "Apples galore" thread. No apples, though. Just potatoes & onion.

Last edited:
Then I remembered eating watermelon and Parma ham salad last year and it was gorgeous. It is also common to serve an apple with a ploughman's lunch, and fruit based sauces are common with game over here. Apple sauce with pork, Waldorf salad, chicken with grapes etc., so fruit with quiche is not such a stretch.

Yes, of course fruit and savoury are wonderful together. No problem with that & I combine them a lot. I made a Brie with Apple & Fig tart yesterday, for example. I think its the eggs with fruit which I'm unsure about.

Yes, of course fruit and savoury are wonderful together. No problem with that & I combine them a lot. I made a Brie with Apple & Fig tart yesterday, for example. I think its the eggs with fruit which I'm unsure about.
Still waiting for your pineapple pizza. Ouch. Lol

Back
Top Bottom