What did you cook or eat today (September 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the local bar and grill for a takeaway order. I had a grilled chicken sandwich and fries and MrsT had a roast beef hot shot.

First time I had bad service there. I ordered at the bar, got a beer, and told the owner twice that I'd be waiting on the patio for my order. He acknowledged that both times I said it.

When I finished my beer, the waitress asked if I wanted another one, and I told her no, I was just waiting on my to-go order (that was a hint), and she said she'd check on that.

10 minutes later, no food. After 40 minutes, I went back in and the owner said, "Finally ready for your food? We've been holding it for you."

I explained in very clear terms that he'd effed up and his waitress had effed up, and that I had a two-strikes-you're-out policy and he just got strike number 1. We're regulars, especially before the pandemic, so I hope the message hit home. I'd already paid or I would have left earlier.

The fried fish and onion rings were just what I wanted last night. Today is leftovers. George leaves in the morning for a dove hunting trip west of San Antonio, TX. so I will eat leftovers, sandwiches and eggs. I have a project - clean the freezers in the shop. Both need defrosting, one is in dire shape. I want to do this while G is gone so there are no arguments about tossing Jurassic food. His hoarding extends to the freezers. I have been putting it off because he has been home 24/7. This is my opportunity to get it done..

The fried fish and onion rings were just what I wanted last night. Today is leftovers. George leaves in the morning for a dove hunting trip west of San Antonio, TX. so I will eat leftovers, sandwiches and eggs. I have a project - clean the freezers in the shop. Both need defrosting, one is in dire shape. I want to do this while G is gone so there are no arguments about tossing Jurassic food. His hoarding extends to the freezers. I have been putting it off because he has been home 24/7. This is my opportunity to get it done..

I'm the same, I have to monitor myself. I don't mind throwing old food out. I've found freezer burnt whitebait out. (Delicacy here worth $100 kg.)

Russ

We have one here (Bonefish), at the Dayton Mall. Indoor shopping malls were kind of a dying thing before the pandemic, and the developers were in the middle of trying to turn it into one of those...I think they're called "lifestyle centers?"...so all the stuff a mall has, except outside in individual, largely disconnected storefronts, and they throw in an apartment building and a grocery store, put little "streets" between everything, and pretend like it's a little town.

Our local mall has become a "lifestyle center," with the usual food court with a merry-go-round, a Kidzania (some kind of kids learning "city"), and a Hyatt Regency Hotel. I like to go there around noon, have lunch in the food court, and wall the mall. Well, I did before Covid. There are a few of the centers like you describe in the area, but I don't like them as much as an enclosed mall -- it gets HOT here.

CD

I'm the only one who likes avos here, how long does this keep please?? My wife doesn't like it so she doesn't buy it. And ratio of lemon too please??

Russ

I have no idea yet how long it keeps but as my wife is not really interested in eating it, I've transferred it to the freezer.

With regard to the "lemon" quantity, I used lime (and edited the post accordingly) and I guess it is to your own taste. I used about 1.5 tblsp to those two avocados.

I have no idea yet how long it keeps but as my wife is not really interested in eating it, I've transferred it to the freezer.

With regard to the "lemon" quantity, I used lime (and edited the post accordingly) and I guess it is to your own taste. I used about 1.5 tblsp to those two avocados.

Lime is what is commonly used to make guacamole here.

CD

Friday night "curry" night was the dogs. The gas Weber on the balcony is perfect for this. Tandoori chicken, basmati rice and a simple "gravy" to give moisture.
Gravy, puree onion, garlic and a bit of ginger. Fry till slightly browned add Garam/M, fry a bit more, add teaspoon G/black pepper (heat) . Add yogurt and fry till separation, squirt in some ketchup (color/sheen) let down with a bit of c/stock if needed.
1601094066426.png
1601094033249.png
1601094005321.png
1601093962824.png

1601093917221.png

Friday night "curry" night was the dogs. The gas Weber on the balcony is perfect for this. Tandoori chicken, basmati rice and a simple "gravy" to give moisture.
Gravy, puree onion, garlic and a bit of ginger. Fry till slightly browned add Garam/M, fry a bit more, add teaspoon G/black pepper (heat) . Add yogurt and fry till separation, squirt in some ketchup (color/sheen) let down with a bit of c/stock if needed.View attachment 47031View attachment 47030View attachment 47029View attachment 47028
View attachment 47027

Do you make your own Garam masala?

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom