What did you cook or eat today (September 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you make your own Garam masala?

Russ

This is mine.......(or rather Madhur Jaffrey's).

garammasala.jpg

Place the ingredients in a spice grinder or mortar and grind to a very fine powder: 1 tblsp black cardamom seeds, 50 mm stick of cinnamon, 1 tsp black cumin seeds, 1 tsp whole cloves, 1 tsp black peppercorns and a quarter of a nutmeg. Store in a jar with a tight fitting lid in a cool dark cupboard.

Lunch - chilli chicken with special fried rice. Well, there's only so much Cypriot food a person can take.

A late supper last night and trying to use up the remaining contents of th fridge prior to flying home tomorrow. A new delicacy was discovered - toast spread with Marmite and Philadelphia cream cheese. Wow!

And tonight a two courser at a place called the Afghani Charcoal Kebab House....first course a new dish for me called "Manto" which were sort of dumplings with spiced onion and minced lamb, and a sauce. It was very different to anything I've had before. Hard to describe but the sauce (or filling or both) is quite acidic, but at the same time with spices I'd normally associate with dessert. Definitely an acquired taste. The main course charcoal lamb kebab was to die for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom