What did you cook or eat today (September 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coarse purple cauliflower puree, baked saLmon with dill & lemon and garlic potatoes.

I have wine glasses the same as yours, got them in Malta
We have two sets; the one pictured there is a smaller glass, meant for dessert wines and the like. I'm using it for portion control. :)

The larger glasses, we ordered those through a German restaurant in Minnesota. They used them, and we asked where they got them, and they ordered a set for us. The smaller set, we got in Germany. A lot of them, you'll see with grapes gathered around the stem, but we liked these simpler ones.

It was pureed before I even thought of making guacamole.

I knew that, and it doesn't ruin the guac. It's just smoother than normal.

In Mexico, guacamole is mashed in a Molcajete, which is a large mortar and pestle. I don't have one, so I would use a potato masher.

CD

So you don't use potato in the stuffing?

Typically, potato skins in the US do not have potato inside. That would be more like a twice-baked potato. Potato skins here typically have cheese, and perhaps bacon, chives, jalapeños or similar toppings, and are served with sour cream. Like Medtran said, they are bar food, or something to eat while watching your favorite sports.

CD

Breakfast: 3 egg omelet with leftovers from a Thai meal I ate with a friend on Thursday - some of the duck and some of the veggies, along with cheddar cheese, tucked into the omelet.

Lunch: I had to go to a city I don't often drive to these days, because my more local Home Depot's lumber cutting machinery was broken. So I picked up the lumber I needed, and since I was in town, I ordered take out from the excellent Vietnamese restaurant there. An order of summer rolls (which contains 2) filled with rice vermicelli, pork and shrimp, along with some greens and just a minor amount of carrots for color - which is plenty in the carrot department for me! This came with the nuoc cham dipping sauce and a thicker sauce whose name I don;t know. And a Vietnamese rice crepe, with mung bean sprouts, shrimp and pork, along with veggies you add as you eat - lettuce leaves for a wrap, and cucumber, carrot shreds (my chickens will enjoy), Thai basil.)

Since the crepe would be cold by the time I got it home (an hour away, not counting another stop I had to make) I pulled off the road at a suitable spot, and ate half the crepe with most of the veggies, and that half a summer roll. Yes, I'll have to re-heat the other half of the crepe when I get to it - but I wanted to enjoy at least some of it as the chef intended, first. No idea how well the thing will actually behave, re-heated.

I almost hope I need more lumber cut to a preferred size before they fix the machine at the nearer town. I want to order their beef and tendon pho next. (And I will bring my own spoon, as soup is just ridiculous to eat with plasticware.)

Noshing right now on the other half of that first summer roll, as I type. I added a dash of sesame oil to the nuoc cham.

It looks yellow, as did the previous image of the avocado and lime. Is that just the photo?

CD

It is yellow. The flesh of the avocado was yellow. Maybe over-ripe? Or maybe it's just the Thai variety?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom