What did you cook or eat today (September 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still September here. Creamy potato soup with broccoli, spinach, scallions, cheddar cheese, and bacon.

Oooooo, I can't bet the ponies here, but there is a lottery drawing tonight. Can you look up the winning numbers for me?

CD

True story, we have lotto here wed and Saturday. A friend wrote the winning numbers down the next day and bought a ticket for the following week with the same winning numbers. He took it to work on the Monday, at lunch people were talking about the Saturday winners. My friend ( a customer and the guy that bought a mustang in Vegas brand new) pulled out his ticket for the following Saturday. He said can you check this one I havnt had time to check. About 5 minutes later the with the paper with the numbers started shouting you've won ,you've won and started jumping around and hugging my friend. It was so funny to,watch.

Russ

Tuesday dinner in the state owned restaurant Licka Kuca within the Plitvice Lakes National Park UNESCO World Heritage site. The park is state run. All of the restaurants, shops etc are run by the state to an extremely high standard. The full time staff have good salaries, no lay off because of lack of tourists due to covid. All Croatia's Covid rules are strictly applied throughout the park. A few of the parks rules. Anyone who drops litter is arrested and fined by the uniformed Rangers. No combustion engine vehicles are allowed in the park with the exception of the emergency services. Tourist tour Boats and Buses ( the park is huge so a trip on either is 4/6 hours) are electric. No fishing or swimming is allowed in either the lakes or rivers. All produce for the restaurants within the park has to be from suppliers within a 15 km radius of the parks perimeter. The trout we had for dinner comes from a lake outside the perimeter. Our meal.
Amuse Bouche of goat cream cheese and bread.
2 X 2 trout with Potato wedges each.
2 X Plum strudel with vanilla ice cream
6 small beers from a state owned Micro brewery. The service and quality of food was 10/10. All for the princely sum of 220 kuna or about £27
1601528165785.png
1601528123409.png
1601528017480.png
1601527835083.png

1601527785525.png

On the way home through the very fertile Licka valley. Famous for its potatoes, cheese and honey, we stopped at this organic farm and bought 10 kg of Red pots, 20 free range eggs ( we were early, so he had to collect the still warm eggs) 1 kg of 1 yrs old Ewe cheese for grating and 1 pot of clear honey, 1 pot of dark honey.
Last night Polenta with an extraordinarily tasty grated cheese from licka.
1601530383775.png
1601530329446.png
1601530304847.png
1601530267569.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom