What did you cook or eat today (September 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to ask how and if you flip it, ok, so you don’t do the mess as I do. It’s a nice idea finishing to cook it in the oven, just noted!
I use a big plate over the frying pan to flip mine. But it's a difficult task. You need to be really fast and you can't hesitate. Takes a lot of confidence.

Lets do charred chicken with orange and juniper:

23CD7A69-FFA4-4ACF-A172-766BCF099C6D.jpeg

When I buy fresh dill, I am never able to use all of it. This is because it’s sold in such massive bunches, and the amount of dill used in a recipe is usually small. Now, I have two options:

1. Use the amount of dill that I need, then forget about it, and re-discover it later when it’s turned into a smelly brown liquid.
2. Make a pesto!

I decided to mix my remaining dill with spinach that I was also not able to completely use, plus some fresh oregano from my garden.

If I were planning a recipe, I would have used more spinach and less dill, but the proportions were reversed here. The end result is unmistakably dill, but the other ingredients balance it nicely enough that it can be used anywhere that a pesto can be used.

I've been making this soup for at least 10 years, and every time I make it, MrsT says, "I love this! You need to add this to your regular rotation!" :)

Usually, when I think of bread soup, I think of tomato-based bread soup (pappa al pomodoro), but this one is cream-based, no tomatoes, the bread goes in the bowl first, and it breaks down as soon as the soup hits it.

The Late Night Gourmet , you can freeze fresh dill. Wrap it in a paper towel, then in a bag. When you are ready to use, take out as much as you think you are going to use and let it defrost between a couple layers of paper towels. Good as fresh.

This is new to me as well. I will get some now and freeze. Thanks, I learn every day here. :)

Russ

We had arepas tonight. I remember why I'm not fond of them. The texture. Fillings were mojo marinated pork, black beans, pickled red onion, fried cubes of boniato (latin white sweet potato), queso fresco, lime/cilantro/salsa verde crema.
2020-09-29 18.38.53.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom