What did you cook or eat today (September 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put a beef roast cut from a beef knuckle into corn a week ago last Friday. Part of the liquid I used to make the corning brine was Guinness. Cooked it today in some water, beef broth and Guinness, along with Napa cabbage, carrots and baby Dutch potatoes. Sauce was a mix of mayo, Dijon, horsradish and a bit of Guinness

I put a beef roast cut from a beef knuckle into corn a week ago last Friday. Part of the liquid I used to make the corning brine was Guinness. Cooked it today in some water, beef broth and Guinness, along with Napa cabbage, carrots and baby Dutch potatoes. Sauce was a mix of mayo, Dijon, horsradish and a bit of Guinness
View attachment 45810

So you actually do your own brine? Hell I buy it ready to cook. Corned beef n carrots is a fave here in winter. I cook my carrots in with the meat and steamed cabbage.

Russ

Care to share? I've never heard of making it yourself? I never even asked my butcger friend how to do it? Does it involve injecting ?

Russ

I don't like corned beef, but it is really not hard to do. Not much work to do. You start it, and put in the fridge and let the brine do what it does.

CD

E3111947-C83C-42FA-A038-C9E76E340EB8.jpeg

I made Fulvio’s Chicken Cacciatore again, this time at home. I included as special guest stars, oregano and basil from my garden:

0B0428B2-E472-4027-AF28-61EB51398EF6.jpeg

I have to say, I didn’t appreciate how awesome it is to grow food and then cook it. Somehow, it tastes better that way. I think Mr. Perini would have been proud of what I did here.

I made Fulvio’s Chicken Cacciatore again, this time at home. I included as special guest stars, oregano and basil from my garden:

View attachment 45813

I have to say, I didn’t appreciate how awesome it is to grow food and then cook it. Somehow, it tastes better that way. I think Mr. Perini would have been proud of what I did here.

Nice meal, but wow, your basil looks worse than mine, and mine barely survived the heat of August. Oregano looks good.

CD

That looks good. So does the prosciutto sandwich... and the salami sandwich. I'll take one of each, please! Then I'll need a nap. :)

CD

That has been my first thought, “one of each, please”, but I had to drive up to Milano afterwards, thus better not having a nap during the journey..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom