What did you cook or eat today (September 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
a night of the storm Odette ( which is my true name lol)
Odette has been ravishing us for the last 10 hours. The thunder and lightening has stopped but it's raining cats and dogs. My Croatian wife can't remember weather like this. I would ask Carmilo and Zdravka but they have barricaded themselves in the root shed.

Odette has been ravishing us for the last 10 hours. The thunder and lightening has stopped but it's raining cats and dogs. My Croatian wife can't remember weather like this. I would ask Carmilo and Zdravka but they have barricaded themselves in the root shed.

Sorry, I just wanted to do something about the drought :laugh:

Pork and tomato sausage, fried duck egg and chips. The chips were cut from potatoes yesterday, blanched (5 minutes) then frozen overnight. Cooked from frozen in the air fryer this afternoon.

The sauce on the sausage is "Asda Brown Sauce" and the bottle is now virtually empty. I haven't a clue where I bought it.

Last edited:
Made some chilli parmesan biscuits/cookies.

View: https://youtu.be/te2e0u6UYiM

Please post your recipe. I have loads of apples

Make This Apple Jam With Your Apple-Picking Bounty

I just used this as a base idea.

Main differences is that I used Jam sugar, used a kilo of apples and a kilo of jam sugar. I also put the cinnamon stick in quite early on in the process.
Tastes lovely but took ages to get to the right consistency for bottling. Next time I'll read up several recipes and see if I did something wrong. Maybe I used too much sugar?

You could always make a gâche melée, a Guernsey recipe.

BBC - Guernsey - Places - Gâche Melée

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom