What did you cook or eat today (September 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm grabbing a quick bite at Cadillac Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Bar in Houston Intercontinental Airport. Airport food is overpriced, but this place has good food.

Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 1.48.02 PM.png

CD

I probably use chopsticks more than my wife. Yes they are virtually mandatory for noodles. Chinese restaurants here generally give you the choice - chopsticks or fork and spoon. When I stayed in a couple of hotels in the Zhoushan Islands in the South China Sea you used chopsticks or your fingers to eat. No other options.

My daughter was keen to learn from a young age but my OH & son not so much.

A couple of years ago I took them all to see Charlie & The Choc Factory at the theatre in Sydney as an Easter Treat.
For lunch we went to my favourite ramen place “Gumshara Ramen” which is in a food court under China Town.

There are no forks in there. 10 outlets. No forks to be found.

They managed quite well & now when it’s appropriate to the cuisine all 4 of us are using chopsticks at home instead of just 2.

Started with a salad of lettuce and tomatoes tossed in a mustard vinaigrette:

The bratwurst patties I get from the farm down the road come in 4-packs, so we had two more to eat tonight:

I also had carrots to get through, and I added some potatoes at MrsT's request:

Tossed in fresh rosemary, cumin, cayenne, and smoked paprika, with honey and olive oil thrown in and roasted in the oven:

Then plated up:

The leftover cottage pie over spaghetti. Pic is not very inviting, the goal was to eat asap, we had just come back from school supply shopping and hungry.

baked new cookies with erythritol (first use). Good. Funny that peppery aftertaste.

Am taking my Dad for a lab test for his conditions this morning. Will pack two cookies to take with me.

My stye on the left eye is back again.

Edited to add Thegrownupgirlsreport provided the cookie basic recipe ( rice flour etc).

Last edited:
Swordfish in tomato sauce with black olives and onions, baby potatoes and stir-fried friarielli

The last time I ate swordfish was in Almeria, Spain in '71.

Believe it or not, I've never eaten swordfish. It is available here, although not in every store or seafood restaurant, but I just haven't had it. It is on my culinary to-do list.

CD

Believe it or not, I've never eaten swordfish. It is available here, although not in every store or seafood restaurant, but I just haven't had it. It is on my culinary to-do list.

CD

If I remember correctly, and it was 50 years ago so maybe I don't, it had the consistency of pork. It hadn't a strong fish taste either but that could have been down to the way it was cooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom