What did you cook or eat today (September 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last nights dinner. I found the neck end piece of suckling pig in the freezer. I slow roasted it and we had it cold with slaw and sour cream, tomatoes, feta and adjvar. Pud grapes.
z4_XFQ.&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20210920004.jpg
Zz8ffo.&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20210920004.jpg
pVkZuI.&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20210920004.jpg
pVkZuI.&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20210920004.jpg

We went out for lunch. Here's the review I left.

I rarely give 5 stars but have to say we were really happy with our lunch. Companion had their clam chowder, white, and it was thick, full of clams and flavor. I tried a spoonful and agreed with him totally. He had the shrimp po'boy with sweet potato fries and the shrimp were beautifully cooked. He also got a side of andouille. Got a huge amount for the price and great flavor It would have been even better with some Creole mustard or even some of the remoulade that came on his po'boy. I got a mini boil with head off shrimp and a side of andouille. Ordered their Cajun sauce, spicy. I ordered spicy because so few places actually deliver on spicy. They do. I'll order mild next time. My shrimp were perfectly cooked as well, as were the potatoes and corn that came in my boil. Generous servings at reasonable prices. The only knocks I have are no Louisiana beer in a place that bills itself as Cajun and no Creole mustard, but I'll just bring my own mustard next time, and there certainly will be one.

Morning here atm, cup of earl anf hot choc for the wife. Sunday and we are going to our sons for dinner tonight, a new fish n chip shop out his way. We are having them I think?
Daylight savings kicked in here last night, so it’s an hour later.
Trotting race meeting at motukarara, so we are betting on those this afternoon.

Russ

I made chicken nuggets and some dipping sauces:

The funny thing is, I planned on making chicken nuggets with this chicken for a few days now, using a recipe I've used several times before.

Today, I was randomly watching Chef John/Food Wishes videos, and he happened to do one for chicken fingers.

"Hey, that hot mustard dipping sauce of his sounds good, I think I'll make that for my nuggets."

Watching the video, though, I was intrigued by his use of hard cider in the batter instead of beer, so I ended up using his batter recipe as well.

I tip my hat to the suggestion of using cider. It worked really well. Sauces were sweet and sour, and the hot mustard.

I made chicken nuggets and some dipping sauces:

View attachment 71908

The funny thing is, I planned on making chicken nuggets with this chicken for a few days now, using a recipe I've used several times before.

Today, I was randomly watching Chef John/Food Wishes videos, and he happened to do one for chicken fingers.

"Hey, that hot mustard dipping sauce of his sounds good, I think I'll make that for my nuggets."

Watching the video, though, I was intrigued by his use of hard cider in the batter instead of beer, so I ended up using his batter recipe as well.

I tip my hat to the suggestion of using cider. It worked really well. Sauces were sweet and sour, and the hot mustard.

I saw that episode. I cook with hard cider often. The drier the better. I have not made a batter with it, yet.

CD

I saw that episode. I cook with hard cider often. The drier the better. I have not made a batter with it, yet.

CD
I was really happy with that batter - two ingredients, and I had cider left over to drink. I think it'll be my default deep-fry batter, until I find something I like better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom