What did you cook or eat today (September 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. We arrived home this morning after cutting trip to Serbia short because of Covid. The kids got it and were quarantined in their bedrooms. The mum and dad tested positive on Monday both had been vaccinated. We both had identical simptom so I drove home (not fun ). The last thing I helped "cook" was charring 100 kg of peppers for adjvar. The lady is an aunt who is a restaurant owner.
GetAttachmentThumbnail
S3NDHM.&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20210920004.jpg
ZrVu08.&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20210920004.jpg
ZrVu08.&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20210920004.jpg
UzhYU0.&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20210920004.jpg

Covid sucks. I hope you don’t end up unwell.

I advised a friend that loves adjvar to use it to cut in half a very spicy fermented Asian chilli paste in a noodle dish. Should be a good experiment.

Tonight we were supposed to have lamb, tzatziki and grilled veg. However there was a text that a wheel of blues triple cream brie would be delivered so we decided to have cheese plates. The delivery didn’t happen but never fear. Plenty of other cheeses here.

A firm salty blue, a smoked cheddar, goats Gouda, triple brie, cranberry Wensleydale plus olives, fruit, veg sticks & crackers.

I would hate to have that guy's job.
Apparently, the U of MN is some kind of world's authority on the science of smell. I remember another iconic photo detailing their work. It showed a line of people, either shirtless or in bra/slip, arm raised high, while brainy folks in lab coats and clipboards sniffed their underarms. :laugh:

That looks quite similar to a chilli I made, but I made far less. That pot holds enough for more than two... I'll post my chilli later.
It's a 2-quart pot, so that's...1.9 quarts of chili. :wink:

Ingredients included one pound of ground beef, one medium onion, half a bell pepper, one 28oz can of diced tomatoes, a bit of water, and a little tomato sauce, and one 15oz can of beans, among a few other things. That's just what accounted for most of the bulk.

I would consider this a half-batch, as most recipes I've seen for this style of chili call for two to four pounds of beef. This will probably serve both of us tonight and enough left over for one of us (me!) tomorrow.

I would consider this a half-batch, as most recipes I've seen for this style of chili call for two to four pounds of beef. This will probably serve both of us tonight and enough left over for one of us (me!) tomorrow.

As you can see in my previous post (above), my portions are a lot smaller than yours.

As you can see in my previous post (above), my portions are a lot smaller than yours.
Ok, two shots of mine:

First bowl, fully dressed, with crackers, cheese, sour cream, and banana peppers:

That's maybe 2-1/2 to 3 cups of food in total.

Second bowl, taken purely because you can't see the chili very well in the first bowl, not because I wanted a second bowl, mind... :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom