What did you cook or eat today (September 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leftover poke tonight. The tuna lost a little firmness, but not much. The cayenne peppers "bloomed" overnight, in a good way.

CD

I'm making ham and bean soup for tomorrow night. It's good soup and chili weather moving into our area, huh!?
For real...I don't think it got over 60F today, windy, and whizzing down rain all day (and all night tonight).

Glad I am not sleeping next to that digestive system!
We took a "Romantic Dinner For Two" cooking class once, and the menu happened to be Italian. Someone in the class laughed about how garlic and "romance" would mix and she shot back, "It cancels out when you both have it," or something like that.

I'll assume that holds true for sausages and pickled eggs as well. :laugh:

Here's my first recipe in my new Danish pot, chili:

It already tastes pretty good, should be great by tomorrow.

It was surf and turf night at our house. I marinated a couple of T Bones this morning. Had lobster tails that I broiled after brushing with a herb butter I mixed up. I have steamed lobster tails before. But after broiling them I doubt I’ll steam them again.

For real...I don't think it got over 60F today, windy, and whizzing down rain all day (and all night tonight).

We took a "Romantic Dinner For Two" cooking class once, and the menu happened to be Italian. Someone in the class laughed about how garlic and "romance" would mix and she shot back, "It cancels out when you both have it," or something like that.

I'll assume that holds true for sausages and pickled eggs as well. :laugh:
If it's only your breath, you're in luck. My hubby has a very, errrr, shall we say, robust digestive system. Let's just note that the "outcome" is often less than pleasant. Now what about me? Ask hubby, he will tell you I always smell like a delicate flower, lol.

It was surf and turf night at our house. I marinated a couple of T Bones this morning. Had lobster tails that I broiled after brushing with a herb butter I mixed up. I have steamed lobster tails before. But after broiling them I doubt I’ll steam them again.
Absolutely. I've never had them steamed but I've had other seafood steamed before and didn't care for it. Broiled is the way to go 👍

But the dog always seems to sleep next to you, right? :wink:

CD
Awww, our dog died in 2003 and I couldn't bring myself to get another. Bear was special.

So no one to blame it on! But seriously, I can belch with the best of them in a very unlady-like fashion (though never around anyone other than hubby) but it's rare for me to expel otherwise.

TastyReuben is making chili (with beans) and I'm making ham and bean soup. Should be some food-influenced music playing in our respective households tomorrow night.

I'm running out of polite ways to discuss this, lol.

Last edited:
Will that be served on top of spaghetti? :eek:

CD
Not me, no. :laugh: MrsT will have this over rice, but it's always a toss-up whether she has rice or elbow macaroni with it. I just like it with crackers.

Let's just note that the "outcome" is often less than pleasant. Now what about me? Ask hubby, he will tell you I always smell like a delicate flower, lol.
My wife can outstink any 10 men put together. She'd whip them in quantity and quality, let's just put it that way.

I remember reading about a study at the University Of Minnesota years ago (we were living in MN at the time, so it made the front page :laugh:) that scientifically measured the, um, gaseous output of men and women and found, as a group, the women outdid the men by a long shot, wasn't even close. 🍑💨

Not me, no. :laugh: MrsT will have this over rice, but it's always a toss-up whether she has rice or elbow macaroni with it. I just like it with crackers.

My wife can outstink any 10 men put together. She'd whip them in quantity and quality, let's just put it that way.

I remember reading about a study at the University Of Minnesota years ago (we were living in MN at the time, so it made the front page :laugh:) that scientifically measured the, um, gaseous output of men and women and found, as a group, the women outdid the men by a long shot, wasn't even close. 🍑💨
I always knew I was exceptional. But hubby studied in the same class as your wife. There really only needs to be one champion tooter in any household.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom