What did you cook or eat today (September 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knockwurst and German potato salad, along with some bread-n-butter pickles on the side (and some actual bread and butter):

View attachment 71636

Usually, when I make warm potato salad like that, it has that typical vinegar-and-sugar dressing, but this one is vinegar and beef broth, which is nice, too.
Except for the dratted pickles! I do love German potato salad, and I know that you likely made that bread, too.

Except for the dratted pickles! I do love German potato salad, and I know that you likely made that bread, too.
Actually, that's supermarket bread, from Aldi. I'd never bought bread there, so I thought I'd give it a shot. 😐

A couple of Salcheech! I sliced half of a habanero in with the onions so if the first one doesn't get me, the second one surely will..wish me luck

No picture today, because i opened the fridge, found:
  • some leftover sweetcorn
  • a lonely red pepper
  • half a pot of bechamel
  • a few tbsps of cream cheese
  • two stalks of cilantro
Fried some onions in butter, along with the pepper. Added the sweetcorn and some Mexican Adobe, dumped everything else in there, sprinkled with breadcrumbs and stuck it in the oven. Served with YMCA potatoes.

I baked red sweet peppers, aubergine. We had two peppers as salad, so tender, almost no need to chew,still will fugure out how to use the other two and the eggplant. Love love love baked peppers. View attachment 71485 View attachment 71486 Lunch was pasta kind if Alfredo, kid' fav, I had the one chicken leg left from the other day. Some more vit c in the form of a red grapefruit slice. View attachment 71487 And a new way to crispen up my gluten free bread, since my toaster no longer works, oven baked 8 min on 200 c, previously sprinkled with water. Verrry nice. That was breakfast. View attachment 71488

I couldn’t post but recent meal Sunday night was for d.i.l
Garlic bread
Chicken croquettes
Fillet Mignon with/ or garlic sauce or mushroom sauce.
Hassleback potatoes
Choc mousse with fresh whipped cream.

Everyone was full.
Our sons intwo weeks, could be anything..

I'll just post a link to save TastyReuben from having to look at the picture. :yuck:

Recipe - Spicy Hawaiian Poke

I was not sure what I would think of it, since I don't like sushi. I do like raw tuna, if it's the good stuff. This poke was actually pretty good. The addition of cayenne peppers and honey made it more to my tastes. People often eat it without rice, but it needs the rice, IMO. The crunch of the two kinds of onion makes a difference, too.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom