What did you cook or eat today (September 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last nights dinner. Spicy chicken wings, proja (white corn muffins) salad.
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up burger on the way home, ran into an old mate at the pub, he’s a anti vaxer, and a conspiracy believer, man he’s changed. He has family in Ozzie and can’t go back or even return home. He’s very angry.

Russ

If a man shoots himself in the foot, he can't complain about a sore foot.

CD

Beer battered oysters....am going to say I enjoyed these far more than I thought I would. I use to be a "you can only eat oysters natural or there's something wrong with you" type of guy. I am no longer that guy.

View attachment 72094

View attachment 72095

View: https://youtu.be/40KKzz9jmWk

I love fried oysters, but have never had them beer battered -- or battered at all. Here in Texas, they are dredged in a flour and cornmeal mix, like I did with my catfish entry in the fish challenge. Then they are eaten as is with a side of fries/chips, or put on a Louisiana French bread roll with some lettuce and aioli to make a po-boy.

CD

In Malaysia they have a "Secretary's Day", one day a year. The idea is to take your secretary out for lunch. Myself and my Chinese mate shared a secretary so with both of us paying, we went the whole hog and took ours to the Shangri-La where a special was put on for the day. Oysters were always part of the buffet.

I'm a raw oyster person too, but when I was in Australia I had Oysters Kilpatrick and they were fantastic.

Oysters Kilpatrick
I loved oysters kilpatrick when I was younger. But then became a bit of a purist for many years, particularly when visiting my father who lives in a oyster growing area and we would get a sack off his good mate who farms them from across the road. We then shuck them ourselves and strictly only flavour them with a little lemon juice and pepper. And don't get me wrong, they're fantastic that way. But have to admit, lately have been enjoying oysters kilpatrick again...I posted my version a while ago.

What did you cook or eat today (December 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom