What did you cook or eat today (September 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
6:34 AM
Tell us what you cooked or ate today. Photos appreciated but not at at all necessary.

A version of cottage pie. Ground pork and beef with carrot,celery stalk and onion and sweet potato puree on top. De li cious.

Lovely local apples. I love the packaging. Sticker says Gardens of Croatia.

**************** Moved from the August thread (I was still asleep) ***************

Australian beef fillet.

Seasoned.

full.jpg

raw seasoned s.jpg

Pan fried (75 seconds each side) and seared.

full.jpg

cooked s.jpg

full.jpg

cut s.jpg

Served with stir fried cauliflower (with mustard seeds and turmeric), garden peas and black pepper sauce (from a bottle).

full.jpg

served s.jpg

Could a helpful moderator please delete the above post from the August thread? I am not permitted as the thread is closed.

Could a helpful moderator please delete the above post from the August thread? I am not permitted as the thread is closed.
To quote you mate. "Cutlery sets for sale here are virtually always fork and spoon (Uri Geller stuff). Very rare to see knife, fork and spoon sets."
I very rarely saw Thai's using chopsticks, when I did it was to eat noodle dishes. It amuses me to watch people eat with chopsticks of a flat plate.

**************** Moved from the August thread (I was still asleep) ***************

Australian beef fillet.

Seasoned.

View attachment 70414

raw seasoned s.jpg

Pan fried (75 seconds each side) and seared.

View attachment 70415

cooked s.jpg

View attachment 70416

cut s.jpg

Served with stir fried cauliflower (with mustard seeds and turmeric), garden peas and black pepper sauce (from a bottle).

View attachment 70417

served s.jpg

Beautiful, I used nearly the last of the Polish filet for last nights sliced beef dish. Ex pats live high on the hog.

To quote you mate. "Cutlery sets for sale here are virtually always fork and spoon (Uri Geller stuff). Very rare to see knife, fork and spoon sets."
I very rarely saw Thai's using chopsticks, when I did it was to eat noodle dishes. It amuses me to watch people eat with chopsticks of a flat plate.

I probably use chopsticks more than my wife. Yes they are virtually mandatory for noodles. Chinese restaurants here generally give you the choice - chopsticks or fork and spoon. When I stayed in a couple of hotels in the Zhoushan Islands in the South China Sea you used chopsticks or your fingers to eat. No other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom