What did you cook today? (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I helped a bit with the Sausages and commented to Arch that I haven't cook 'food' for a while as I am mostly baking cakes.

A state of affairs I'm happy with!

It'll be nice when we have your kitchen back as a kitchen, and can cook meals together.

I went simple today. I did a round roast in my crackpot with potatoes, carrots, and some onions. I also made some biscuits to go with it.

I went simple today. I did a round roast in my crackpot with potatoes, carrots, and some onions. I also made some biscuits to go with it.

You'll have to explain biscuits for us Brits - to us, that means what you call cookies, but I think that's not what you mean...:)

Navy beans in the crockpot! My first time, and they came out a bit too sweet. But I think I'm on to a winner :)

You'll have to explain biscuits for us Brits - to us, that means what you call cookies, but I think that's not what you mean...:)
No I meant dough biscuits. They were good and so was my roast. It was so juicy and the vegetables were better. I stuffed myself that day.

I cooked some homemade chili with my sister. It was so good and I had two big bowls:hungry:. I was stuffed and wishing I had resisted that second bowl.:p:

I haven't cooked anything today because I had leftovers in the fridge. Earlier in the week I made green beans with garlic so I tossed that in with some pasta shells left over from last night. I try to cook extra at one time so I have food for a few days and don't have to cook every single day. As much as I enjoy cooking, it just takes up too much time with all the prep before and the cleaning after.

I made Parmesan tilapia... My yummy goodness... What did you make?

tonight is a dairy-free creamy garlic sauce on pasta. :thumbsup:

(1 cup of cashew nuts soaked for 2 hours until soft, juice of 1 lemon, 6 cloves of garlic, 1/2 cup of nutrional yeast, 4 tbsp of water, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp of sweet white miso, 1/2 tsp salt, handful of parsely - put everything except the parsely in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth - really smooth. add the parsely and blend for a few more moments and serve over hot pasta. enough to serve 4 generously.)

Tonight it was one of my favourites. It's called the "mix everything you can" dish. What I normally do is, since I only cook for myself, I boil a lot of potatoes at once. Those that I don't eat straight away, I use later for this lovely dish.
Dice the boiled potatoes and throw them into the frying pan. Add ANY meat that I have in the house. Today it was some sausages but literally any meat works just fine. Had some premade veggie mix so I threw that in... also sliced the rest of the bell peppers and tomatoes which I had and threw them in. Once again, most veggies work just fine. Yummy!

I had left over chili today. I was so tired from work that I didn't feel like cooking. I am glad that we made a big pot of chili otherwise I would have had to cook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom