What did you cook today? (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got some pork meat waiting for me in the fridge so I'll probably cut that into slices and throw it on the frying pan. Don't think I have anything else (tomorrow is shopping day I guess) so I'll probably make some pasta with a tomato sauce to go with that.

Today I've already eaten breakfast and lunch, and it's only 10:15, lol. I got up at 5 am this morning and made breakfast, then did lunch about 20 min ago.

For breakfast I made an omelette with diced canadian bacon, sauteed spinach and baby swiss. I had it with some whole grain toast and OJ.

For lunch I made up a batch of spanish rice (Minute Rice, chicken broth, El Pato spicy tomato sauce, lime juice and cumin), then used that along with some black beans and shredded cheddar and made burritos. Served it with a small salad of shredded iceberg topped with homemade pico de gallo, some avocado slices, sliced olives and sour cream.

lunch was a bike ride recovery lunch, so baked beans on toast!

This eveing is another matter, mushroom turnovers (mushrooms cooked in garlic & thyme with in theory creme fraiche and lemon juice but since I can't have creme fraiche I substituted ground cashew nuts with touch of lemon juice, in puff pastry (Jus-rol puff pastry is actually vegan!)) then I will add some fried tofu (curry & mango flavour) and add some peas for some additional colour and 'token veg'. Dessert is stewed plums with soya yoghurt...

So far salmon with a side of some healthy fried rice :P it was tasty!:)

I experimented with an Indian risotto my friend gave me a recipe for. You start off by lighting frying basmati rice with a little bit of olive oil before adding water, curry powder and a range of herbs and spices. Lastly I added a variety of vegetables, commonly found in Indian dishes which I cooked separately. I was pretty proud of my effort as I have no experience cooking Indian food. :)

Today so far has been a double portion of Swizz Cheeze (homemade vegan cheese for the weekend's pizza) and some leek & potato soup. Now just to decide what to put with the soup in the way of 'bread dunking ideas'. I could go with the usual rice/spelt flatbreads or I might try something different. fancy something like a cheese, honey & sunflower flatbread (only without the cheese because I'm allergic to it!). Off to hunt for recipes.

This morning I made my usual omelette stuffed with ham, spinach and swiss, along with some dark toast and some home fries.

This afternoon for lunch, since I was so burned out on the Thanksgiving stuff, I decided to go Mexican, and made chicken burritos. I stuffed them with spanish rice, black beans, sharp cheddar, salsa and grilled chicken - then rolled them up in wheat tortillas for something a little healthier.

Just got back from a friends place so breakfast and lunch were kind of stuck together. Some vegetable soup and a chicken & egg sandwich.
For tonight... hmm... either I'll make chili or then I'll just have some pasta with tomato sauce.

I was going to make bacon, egg and cheese biscuits for lunch until I pulled the bacon out and found it wasn't good anymore :( We ended up having sausage (polska kielbasa), egg and cheese biscuits. I just cut the sausage in half and threw it in the oven with the biscuits. So delicious, but very filling!

Just had a nice omelette with lardons and onions in it. With a huge cup of strong black coffee.
For lunch I think it'll be just some baked beans in tomato sauce since I'm full and it's already midday. And for the evening, time to make that chili!

my mother handed me a huge bag of sweet peppers (orange, yellow & red) at the weekend. She had picked them up reduced in a supermarket at 20p each, so today was antipasti day.... I now have 4 large jars of de-skinned peppers in olive oil & basil (she also gave me a pot of fresh basil).

In addition our evening meal of colcannon (vegan) was made and to top it off some homemade (vegan) truffles. My first attempt: I won a chocolate truffle making course in a competition a few weeks ago and the course was last Friday. The truffles are not lasting long and melt in your mouth superbly. All I now need to do is work on presentation having successfully converted standard ganache into vegan ganache.

Made some hamburgers. Nothing fancy, red onion, tomatoes, lettuce, ketchup, mustard and some gouda cheese. Delicious! Will definitely be making them again very soon.

This morning, I made some home fries from leftover baked potatoes I had from yesterday. Sometimes I prefer to make them from leftover baked potatoes, because the baking draws out a lot of the excess moisture which helps them crisp up faster when frying them.

To go along with those I made a swiss, spinach and ham omelette and a whole wheat English muffin.

I cook today pork steak with stir fried broccoli and carrots and fried potatoes. Then I made a home made pickled cucumber as our appetizer. That's it and we had enjoyed our meal.

Some chili yesterday, I always make enough for a couple of meals so today it's going to be leftovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom