What did you cook today? (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My boyfriend and I made pizza from a crust mix. We purchased sauce at the store, some red peppers, shredded cheese, bacon, garlic.... We added some spices as well - Italian seasoning to the crust mix, garlic and oregano to the top of the pizza. It was quite good and we'll probably make it again. For breakfast we fried up a shredded potato hash with the leftover peppers and cheese. We added some chopped onions to it as well. That was also quite delicious.

I decided to be simple tonight and just made some spaghetti and garlic bread with a salad.

I also love salmon.:) I will have mixed vegetable and roast chicken for dinner.

We had build your own pizza night. My girls did normal pepperoni and tons of cheese, but my husband and I had Mediterranean pizzas - artichokes, tomatoes, greek olives, a little feta. So good.

I like to get the pizza dough from our grocery store deli - they sell the leftover stuff in 1lb bags for cheap. It is easy and fun and not really more expensive than ordering from Papa John's.

I'm cooking chicken broth on the stove right now and then will have chicken fettuccine for dinner later today.

I love pizzas too, but I had enough through the weekend :wink:

this evenings meal was meant to be "leek, potato and hereford pie" but I can't have dairy so we had to drop the hereford cheese - no big deal until i went to get the leeks out of the fridge... so this evenings meal was "leek, potato and hereford pie" without the leek or the hereford parts!
(I added some additional veg instead, butterbut squash, red onion, mushrooms and swede: potato pie did not really appeal to me.)

Didn't cook anything today, sadly. Had a lot of important things to take care of so I decided to just pick up a pizza on the way home. It was really good though so I'm not regretting anything except maybe that it cost me more than if I had my one myself.

Last night I made cheddar broccoli soup because I was in such a mood for it. :)
This morning I made breakfast for my boyfriend and I and I made crescents stuffed with bacon eggs and cheese :) So delicious !

Just had breakfast myself. Every morning I like having some form of oatmeal and coffee.

Usually it's oatmeal cooked in almond milk/water with banana, pumpkin, spices, flax, nuts/seeds, topped with almond butter. Sometimes I do overnight oats (mix equal parts oats, milk, yoghurt and let it sit overnight), and on weekends I like to make steel cut oats when I have more time. Sometimes I make baked oatmeal and have that throughout the week with greek yoghurt, I love oatmeal.

I made a egg and cheese sandwich on wheat toast today for my boyfriend and I. Added a little spice and some ketchup as well :) It is quick and easy to make and very filling in my opinion!

last night & tonight were the same meal... I usually cook for 2 for 2 or even 3 nights at a time.
A throw it together stew with dumplings after my mother dropped off some very reduced mushrooms she had purchased the day before (500g of cup mushrooms & 250g of shiitake mushrooms), so they were chopped and fried til they squealled, then 2 onions added and the whole lot fried until the onions were cooked. Add 200g of spelt grains, 1L of veg stock, 1/2L of water, 1tbsp of tamari (soy sauce) and simmered for about an hour. Meanwhile in another pan, 1/4 cup of broken cashews were boiled in a little stock until tender (normally I would have just soaked them in boiling water and left them for a couple of hours). Dumpling mixture was made with the addition of ground cumin & ground coriander and added to the mushrooms, onion and spelt and simmered for 20 mins. Then the cashew nuts were blended until smooth in a little bit of stock and added to the stew for a creamy mushroom & spelt stew with dumplings.

I cooked homemade soup with steak and mash and fresh veg. I love making homemade soup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom