What did you cook today? (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My roommate is sick so I made soup. I used chicken stock and added sweet potato, carrot, cabbage, spinach, broccoli, spring onions, pork and a load of garlic. I also added some chili garlic sauce. It warms you up on a cold day and is good for decongesting.

I did a fish soup like I posted earlier but I just looked at your ingredients and realised I forgot to add the broccoli. Anyway, the sick and well enjoyed it nonetheless. Something tells me I need to make soup more often.

I did a fish soup like I posted earlier but I just looked at your ingredients and realised I forgot to add the broccoli. Anyway, the sick and well enjoyed it nonetheless. Something tells me I need to make soup more often.
I love soup in the fall and winter. Not only are there hundreds of variations but you can pretty much empty out any leftover veggies in you fridge and then freeze the rest in portions to take to work for lunch. I always make a huge pot with tons of leftovers so we get to eat soup all week!

I really have to get into this freezing as it would make life so much easier. Anyway today is another soup day. It's best for the ill and apparently even better for the well ones. I prepared it earlier this morning and apparently it's only going to be enough for lunch not dinner. Today I added broccoli to the mix.

I need to increase the size of the pot next time around.

I made vegetable stir fry today. I cooked cauliflower, broccoli and carrot with garlic today. I might have over cooked it a bit because the broccoli was too soft but overall it's a good meal for me.

How about you. What did you cook today?
That sounds good. I had left overs from last night. I made eggplant burgers, and it came out really good! I baked some homemade bread to along go with it.

Today I am cooking a chicken stew with some white rice. I suspect I will add some vegetable to the rice and play around with it if I have the time. I am steaming some vegetables as well. Okras, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots and broccoli. I will serve it on some lettuce leaves. I feel like being fancy with a very ordinary meal today so I might just pop out some sort of surprise.

I will tell you what I cooked last night, since I didn't do any heavy cooking today. Last night I made fried sausage, corn on the cob, and homemade potatoes. The corn on the cob was not that great, because it was frozen, It is out of season right now. The potatoes were garlic. I think I did a pretty good job too, for only the third time of ever making homemade mashed potatoes.

I'm going to make a soup, though I haven't decided the specifics yet. I have zucchini in the kitchen that I definitely need to use before I leave for vacation.

I am about to make baked chicken in a garlic rub. I will also be baking a green bean casserole with bacon. The side dish will be homemade macaroni and cheese (okay, I made this last night, and it will be reheated). Although we as Americans don't take the "Sunday meal" as seriously as the British, it is nice to cook on Sunday here and there, as it is really the only day my whole family is home together.

I wanted so badly to bake a macaroni pie for my son but it would be bad for his stomach. Instead I just did a stir fry rice, some baked chicken with barbecue sauce, cole slaw, toss salad and some steamed veggies. I am trying to drink more water but gave in to a cranberry cocktail that was bitter sweet! Minus the sugar it would have been perfect.

I haven't made it yet, but tying into my post of using up an excessive amount of garbanzos I have on hand, I think I am making a homemade soup with the beans added. I will make this, this weekend. I have had canned soup that has added the beans, so I will make my attempt. I have recently made fresh stews with a pretty good outcome, so I think this will work well too.

Well now that it is early morning, I will tell you all about what I cooked yesterday. For lunch I cooked a really delicious chilli with sausage. I have to toot my own horn here for a second but this chilli is one of the few things that I know I have mastered. I feel so comfortable cooking my chilli and know just what it needs. There are never any leftovers! My roommates always finish it all, right to the last bean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom