What did you cook today? (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas everyone! I roasted a turkey in my oven because this is the only time of year we eat turkey. I also made french beans in oil, mashed potatoes, grapes and cheese in a platter and brought out a sweetened ham I bought from a Swiss deli. Eating a lot of protein and carbs is a Christmas tradition in my house as well as getting drunk on red wine while opening presents. LOL

Today I get to be home and even I am exhausted and need some rest I got up early and baked a ham I found in my freezer. I also baked a chicken and some potatoes. I made a breadfruit salad and when I am about to eat I'll do a quick salad. I also baked a banana bread.

I am all new into the cooking area, usually mum is just sparing me for when I get married, but I am here to learn. Today, due to the fact mum is not at home, I made some French Fries, a soup (home-made from water where my chicken was being cooked), and a national dish called Varivo -cooked cabbage with pork meat.

I had some French toast but a bit different than usually. I sliced the bread in cubes and then did the rest. It was so easy to eat. For lunch I made some baked beans and several salads. I think that I will make some past for dinner because I bought some mushrooms and I will prepare the half of the mushrooms for tomorrow's Mushroom Bisque. Yes, and some sweets also for today. I was thinking about some apple pie. I wanted to eat a good apple pie for days.

Today my life has been pretty uneventful. I'm still looking for work, my family detests me and looks down on me but my cooking is still as good as ever! With all my free time I've been watching cooking shows and reading online recipes to pass the time. I made chicken soup from the leftover chicken broth and bones last night for lunch. I made barbecued pork ribs for my family for dinner to earn their love and respect. I made espresso cocktails to sooth me through the night. Job hunting is going great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom